Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Observation: Logged landing aerodrome

Offered as an observation NOT criticism. I'm having a blast. On the latest mission (the one with the Aviatik stuck in a descending orbit) I landed back at base at the same time as A Flight. The debriefing screen shows that I landed at Bertangles West and A flight landed at home. I've noticed on more than one occasion when I land at a divert aerodrome the debrief screen will show I've landed at home.

Here's a shot from turning downwind. I took it because of the guy that landed off the aerodrome 1.4 NM to the north.

60724fcebdbdf_Homeplatelandingcircuit.thumb.jpg.ffcb68810861b28dcd8aeb6d5614ab0f.jpg

And the debriefing screen.

60724fcf90554_Homeplatelandingdebrief.thumb.jpg.ea25db979aff71cc04b37580f441b2c1.jpg

Edited by busdriver

Yes there seems to be a slight issue with landing reporting, I actually managed to pile into the stupid fence that was on the airfield boundary, and my BE2 was damaged. However there was no mention of it in either the after mission report, or in my log book, also there was no report of my aircraft being repaired. Very odd indeed.

Can you confirm which, if any, mods are active?

19 minutes ago, rjw said:

Can you confirm which, if any, mods are active?

No mods...

Noticed this aswell..No mods active. Maybe someone else could confirm 

Edited by Adger

Probably the other field is very near, sometimes AI will land at that base instead. I don't see the airfield label there which was it?

Edited by Polovski
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Polovski said:

Probably the other field is very near, sometimes AI will land at that base instead. I don't see the airfield label there which was it?

Looking at both of Busdrivers shots it looks to me like Home field is Fienvillas and it showed his landing at Bertangles West Pol, ( I could be mistaken though). I didn’t make a note of where my debrief said I’d landed (Wasn’t my home base though, when in fact I did land at home) il repost any findings IF it happens again, cheers Pol.

16 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Yes there seems to be a slight issue with landing reporting, I actually managed to pile into the stupid fence that was on the airfield boundary, and my BE2 was damaged. However there was no mention of it in either the after mission report, or in my log book, also there was no report of my aircraft being repaired. Very odd indeed.

Would it depend on the severity of the damage trotski ? Possibly not going to be reported has damaged if it was superficial? Not sure though pal.

Dunno I ended up on my nose so the prop at least would have been screwed, so maybe it was just a quick fix......it is what it is I guess

6 hours ago, Adger said:

Looking at both of Busdrivers shots it looks to me like Home field is Fienvillas and it showed his landing at Bertangles West Pol,

That is correct. Bertangles West is approx 4 NM away from where I landed.

Just a follow up if it helps..Jasta 12 June 1st 1917, Take off from Epinoy and above our airfield were 5 Nieup 24,s from ESC 67. 3 were flaming as soon has i was in the cockpit.. (AA fire)?

The 6 of us went straight up and took hits and took the last 2 down. All took of from EPINOY, and all landed at BRAYELLES, debrief showed that we landed at home field..(should it be friendly field?). I've added the date of mission Jasta ect to help if any testing may be required  :drinks:...No Mods were on.

Edited by Adger

Basically it's because there are airfields close together so the AI in sim can detect more than one to land at and does not always return the correct one.  It is what it is at the moment.

Edited by Polovski
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Polovski said:

Basically it's because there are airfields close together so the AI in sim can detect more than one to land at and does not always return the correct one.  It is what it is at the moment.

Cheers for the heads up Pol.

I don't care where I land, so long as I 'land' instead of 'crash'  :stars:

On 4/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, Polovski said:

I understand about airfields close together. I just had a debrief screen showing that I landed back at Fienvillers/Candas (70 Sqn's base) when I landed at Chipilly.

607b5480273b6_DivertChipilly01.thumb.jpg.5da54eca743c0dd9074a81987a160af5.jpg

607b548298a04_DivertChipilly02.thumb.jpg.afd9b1721d164752e7a478ba26c0339d.jpg

Perhaps there is a way for the debrief screen to simply show Landed without an airfield. This would prevent the shifting down of status info. Perhaps make the debrief screen less complicated.

607b5708b875e_DivertChipilly03.thumb.jpg.309963e73fd212ec157b808315a2ff94.jpg

Edited by busdriver