Foobat

BH&H II Briefing screen peculiarities

Trying to get my head round if something funky is going on or mebe I'm just not understanding things correctly. I  am currently flying an Alb D.1 in Jasta 2 and have just got my first balloon bust mission. Ok so here is the thing;

In the main briefing screen I see my ammo count is 100 with a no specific loadout recommendation. When I enter my flights specific screen ( where you can select formation etc. I see Incendiary rounds selected. When I enter the cockpit I see I have 250 rounds per gun !

So my two questions are, (a) Why is briefing giving me the wrong info re ammo count and loadout, and (b) are Incendiary rounds actually modelled? If so am I actually carrying them, when the check box is ticked? It would seem logical to have them on a balloon bust mission.

Regards Fube

does the 100 denote 100% maybe ?

@ trotski, possibly didn't look at it like that mate. Second question still stands though.

Regards.

Fube

The ammo count is %.

Yes ticked means you have them.

Edited by Polovski

Unsure on the incendiary ammunition, I know historically, that pilots had to have written permission to have Buckingham ( British incendiary rounds) loaded in their guns just incase of capture,  it was strictly to be used for balloon busting only so I assume the same went for the Germans and French as well. So maybe you have to specify if it is loaded or not, as regular ammunition isn't particularly effective against gas bags. I dont know if it loads incendiary as standard for balloon busting.

Ahh there you go, confirmed what I surmised.

They are loaded specifically mate. Thanks for clarifying.

Regards.

Fube

EDIT: It seems they are always loaded by default, just checked my new mission Balloon Defence, go figure!

Edited by Foobat