Sign in to follow this  
Foobat

BH&H II Crash to Debrief screen

Just had a crash to debrief while shooting a balloon, Debrief read "Still flying in enemy held territory......... Landed in enemy held field....... Captured , escaped after three days.

Flying an Alb D.I with Jasta 2 out of Pronville, December 1916. I for sure hit the balloon, but did not crash into it. When I try mission replay I get an error ("Cannot Continue"), after the gun rounds hit., and to read the error log.

Where should I post the log file?

Best regards.

Fube

Edited by Foobat

Hi Foobat,

Please send the files to the support email address.  Find the files in the \WOFF\Logs folder, and send the other detaisl reqquested as per the last 2 pages of the WOFF BH&H II FAQ (found on the support page).

(do NOT post them here please).

Please don't run the sim until you have sent those (make sure you exit WOFF Manager before grabbing the files).

Thanks.

Hi Pol,

Just sent all relevant info, unfortunately couldn't grab a screenshot, sorry. Good luck mate!

Regards.

Fube

Is there an easy solution for this ?

I believe that my WOFF BHH installation now has this problem as well. As far as I can tell, whenever my pilot (or the AI in my pilot's flight for that matter) fires at a balloon, the mission crashes and an error message is generated (see image).

However, the WOFF game itself then continues to the debriefing screen. It is possible to fly more missions afterwards but that particular pilot seems to be 'marked for death'. That is, in subsequent missions he invariably gets rammed or happens to be dealt a critical wound such that he dies. (I take backups of the pilot files because I don't accept death by collision as a valid way to die, so in the event of a collision the pilot files get replaced and then I fly another mission. Which then results in another collision or a critical wound.)

On the other hand, if I continue to play WOFF with a new pilot, all goes well. Until he gets assigned a balloon-busting mission . . .

WOFF_Dump_when_balloon_attack_mission.jpg

This is a permissions issue.  Windows on the odd PC seems to require this;

I asked Foobat to set both Woff.exe and cfs3.exe compatibility settings to "run this program as an administrator."

To do that in  \OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\  folder find cfs3 application,  right click on it,  Properties,  compatibility tab,  tick/check "run this program as an administrator".   Click apply.
and OK. Do same for WOFF exe.

Then restart the PC.

Mainly as per steps 13 and 14 in the FAQ section 17.

Edited by Polovski