Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

Map question

Sorry for this silly question but when I hit M I cannot see my aircraft on the map screen. How do I zoom in whilst in map view?

This is not in the FAQ, probably too simple I think.

CTRL + SHIFT + M

I can't believe that I've played this game for a decade and just today found out I can zoom the map using ctrl +  shift + m

• Like 2

Zooming in on the map is listed as "map range" on the key guide.  However, I don't see this function listed anywhere under the remap keys option in the workshop.

Is it possible to remap this function to another key?

On 4/28/2021 at 3:26 PM, hoongadoonga said:

Zooming in on the map is listed as "map range" on the key guide.  However, I don't see this function listed anywhere under the remap keys option in the workshop.

Is it possible to remap this function to another key?

I retract my question.  I didn't realize that it stays zoomed in from one mission to the next.  This is a very handy feature (and the map itself is greatly improved too).

12 hours ago, hoongadoonga said:

This is a very handy feature (and the map itself is greatly improved too).

Yes, I like the new map... great improvement on the old one. No need for the old map mod now either.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:15 PM, VFC_Baxter said:

Sorry for this silly question but when I hit M I cannot see my aircraft on the map screen. How do I zoom in whilst in map view?

This is not in the FAQ, probably too simple I think.

RCtrl + RShft + M

Map range control (Cycle)

Handy link I have been using (open it and alt+tab out during flight):

https://www.overflandersfields.com/index_html_files/WOFF Key Guide Print.pdf

EDIT: Didn't realise others had replied due to the big advert below OP :lol: oh well still a handy link

Edited by Bagpipe

Also some extra keys that are not shown on that guide...for WOFF BH&H II:

CTRL+G = Lower Lewis Gun (hold down both keys until Lewis is fully lowered)
SHIFT+G = Raise Lewis Gun (hold down both keys until Lewis is fully raised)
CTRL+SHIFT+G = Reload Lewis Gun (reload sound is heard, ammo count increases to a drum capacity)

NOTES These are needed now as BH&H II has a new feature to allow more realistic ammo usage in the Lewis gun. Once a drum with its 97 rounds capacity (or 47 in the early version) is empty you need to reload.
If the aircraft has a Foster mount, which allows lowering of the gun, then you must do that fully before attempting to reload. SE5, SE5a, SE5a Viper and Nieuport 17 Lewis have this. Other aircraft with fixed Lewis (e.g. Nieuport 11, 12 etc) you can simply reload.
Note in real life pilots stood up, and held the control stick between their knees(!) , to do that in these fixed mount aircraft.

• Like 1