Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

First Flight

Using quick combat, I flew and orientation flight in an early BE2. I managed to land successfully back at my airfield. What great graphics and I loved my observer being in front of me and pointing a .303 rifle back over my head!

• Like 2

Yes I started a campaign and am flying the BE2. The options in this game are pretty overwhelming. Do I want to be a fighter pilot? A bomber? I'm considering a campaign in a 2 seater where I just set auto pilot on missions and jump to the gunner position and fly the career that way. It's really hard to decide. 

• Like 1

Great sim isn't it VFC_Baxter..wait until you get into a career mode :clapping:

your lucky it was a .303 iv'e got the delightfull pleasure Captain Triggers boring a hole in the back of my skull :yikes:

YqQgTX6.jpg

3rd January 1915. Sgt. Boris Johnson here (my campaign career pilot). I took off this morning in my trusty Be2C with my observer Sgt. Turner for a test flight from Farnborough. It was snowing but I could see blue sky in between the clouds so I was thinking it would stop pretty quickly. I had thoughts of sight seeing over London but the snow did not stop and it was absolutely freezing. I do not know what Turner was playing at but he kept pointing that gun thingy back over my head and standing up for the whole flight! The idiot must have been frozen in place, what does he think this is ... the wild west! Perhaps I should ask for a new observer before he falls over and blows my head off.  Anyway, I turned back after 10 minutes or so and landed back safely at Farnborough after around 15 minutes of flying. It was still snowing and I could see why operations had been cancelled but .... it gets so boring just sitting around waiting for the weather to change.

Edited by VFC_Baxter
  • Like 1