Sign in to follow this  
catch

MSFFB2 and flight forces/resistance.

The force feedback is great (maybe too intense) when taking off/landing, shooting machine guns, crashing etc but there is no resistance or force feedback to stick/rudder movements in flight. It's like a wet noodle. 

Do those of you with the MSFFB2 have the same experience? If so, any way around this? 

1 hour ago, catch said:

The force feedback is great (maybe too intense) when taking off/landing, shooting machine guns, crashing etc but there is no resistance or force feedback to stick/rudder movements in flight. It's like a wet noodle. 

Do those of you with the MSFFB2 have the same experience? If so, any way around this? 

Yes, same here. Hoping someone knows the answer 

Hi folks;

I think I can help here. There are so few of us still using the MSFFB2 sticks these days. I refuse to give mine up because there are no comparable sticks around for the price.

I have noted the problem with lack of force on previous releases of WOFF and so I now modify the stock FM's and utilize them in a JSGME mod to override the stock FM's .If you need help on creating a mod just let me know and I will make a skeleton mod available for you to contain all your modified FM's.

In essence what you need to do is replace the following line in the stock FM : <PlayerExperience FF_stall="y" FFB_ElevatorForce="0" FFB_AileronForce="-110"/>

with something like this: <PlayerExperience FF_stall="y" FFB_ElevatorForce="70" FFB_AileronForce="-70"/>

The major problem lies with the "FFB_ElevatorForce" being set to "0".

You will have to increase the numbers to increase the force so you will need to adjust for each aircraft's historical response.

Best Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rjw said:

Hi folks;

I think I can help here. There are so few of us still using the MSFFB2 sticks these days. I refuse to give mine up because there are no comparable sticks around for the price.

I have noted the problem with lack of force on previous releases of WOFF and so I now modify the stock FM's and utilize them in a JSGME mod to override the stock FM's .If you need help on creating a mod just let me know and I will make a skeleton mod available for you to contain all your modified FM's.

In essence what you need to do is replace the following line in the stock FM : <PlayerExperience FF_stall="y" FFB_ElevatorForce="0" FFB_AileronForce="-110"/>

with something like this: <PlayerExperience FF_stall="y" FFB_ElevatorForce="70" FFB_AileronForce="-70"/>

You will have to increase the numbers to increase the force so you will need to adjust for each aircraft's historical response.

Best Regards

Do you know how to tune the stick shake from machine gun firing?  There shouldn't be any stick shake when the guns fire

Chill31

No I don't know how to stop the stick shake during machine gun fire from within the code. I personally don't let my hand go in between the sensors of the stick when firing. I just hold the stick between my thump and with my finger on the trigger. That stops stick shake.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 2:16 PM, rjw said:

Where exactly are these lines Robert? If I were just to faff about and experiment with the plane I'm currently flying, would it be over-ridden in the next update? I may consider you're kind mod offer at some point but I generally don't do mods these days.

And I don't understand why there is no aileron force or resistance (with the MSFFB2) in the stock FM when it's set to 110?

21 hours ago, chill31 said:

There shouldn't be any stick shake when the guns fire

Yeah agree. I can live with taking my hand off the sensor for landing and taking off (would prefer not of course) but it's awkward for me when firing machine guns. I like to have a good grip if you know what I mean. 

It'd be nice if the shake could be turned down at least if it can't be turned off.

Guys, I'm looking into this further, but no promises!

I will offer up, a link to an FM for the "Alb DIII early" which shows the FM changes I applied as an example. You can test fly it in the mod and then swap it out to compare with the stock FM. HERE IS THE LINK: Click link to download

I will continue to see if there is a way to alter stick shake for other features.

Of course you will have to decide which craft need what changes and then add them to the mod.

Edited by rjw
  • Thanks 1

Hi folks, newbie to WOFF and a big fan of the MSFFB,  So I'm having the same problem as you guys with a limp stick, not sure if I take the blue pill or the red one. Oops, wrong stick, no just kidding, I'm no computer wiz so I'm having a little problem figuring out what files and where the files are that need to be changed. Can't live without my MSFFB would appreciate any help on the matter. Thank you.

Graham

Did you download the JSGME mod from the link in the previous post?

6 hours ago, rjw said:

Graham

Did you download the JSGME mod from the link in the previous post?

Yes, I did, But what am I suppose to do with it? My guess is to wright over the existing files with it, but What am I looking for to change the other files. I was looking for this line  : <PlayerExperience FF_stall="y" FFB_ElevatorForce="0" FFB_AileronForce="-110"/>    

But couldn't find it anywhere to change it. And thank you for replying, I'm absolutely no programmer, So I get lost in space when it goes for coding. 

Graham

You need to install the JSGME Mod Enabler from Sandbagger's web site.

Once you install JSGME by running the above utility, yo then just copy the downloaded FM mod into the "Mods" folder which will be the next folder under "WOFF" folder.

Hope that is clear but if not, just get back to me.

Hi Robert, I'm not too sure about the JSGME mod enabler from Sandbaggers web site, I did a search for the jsgme , Found a few different jsgme but which one do I use, none of them is from sandbagger. I also downloaded from the link you provided, opened them up and has 4 files for alb_DIII and DR1 sorry I don't mean to be a pain but I never moded any games and have no clue what I'm doing. Thank you for any help my fellow Canadian. 

Hi Graham;

Here is a link to Sandbagger's web site where you will find loads of mods for WOFF:

https://thatoneplease.co/WOFF.html

When you click on the link, you will see a table that has the word "Tools" and to the right of it "Click Here". When you click the "Click Here" button you will be sent to another page that contains a list of all the tools. The first tool at the top of the page is "JSGME Mod Enabler utility (Version 2.6.0)". use you mouse to left click on the image and it will download the tool for you and save it on your disk (probasbly in your "downloads" folder as a file called "JSGMEModEnablerfromJoneSoft.zip". I am assuming you have an uzip tool like "7-zip" that you can use to unzip the file. When you unzip it you will have two files, one is called "jsgme_setup.exe", and one is "JSGME_Installer_Readme.rtf".

double click on the "JSGME_Installer_Readme.rtf" and read the contents of the file. Once you understand the contents then close the file and double click on the "jsgme_setup.exe". and it will install the JSGME mod enabler and put an icon on your desk top which you will use to view and activate any mods in your "MODS" folder. This mod enabler was especially built to install the "MODS" folder in the proper place for "WOFF".

Next use "Windows Explorer" and navigate to where you just installed the JSGME "MODS" folder which should be under the folder "OBDSoftware\WOFF\MODS".

Now that you know where the "MODS" folder is, you need to install all your mods into it. Some of the mods on Sandbagger's site are what is known as "self extracting JSGME mods" and these ones will install the mod directly into your mods folder for you and bring up the JSGME panel so you can activate the mod all in one go. Other mods need to be copied directly into the mods folder and then you will use the JSGME app to manipulate those mods making them active or de-active.

most mods on Sandbagger's web site are ".zip" files which you need to unzip, and when you do you will find a Readme" file which you should always read first since it tell you all you need to know about the mod that accompanies it.

Hope this helps. If you have any problems, just get back to me.

Best Regards