Hi All --

I have downloaded quite a number of missions (on the order of over 100) and I want to say THANK YOU, up front, to all of the authors who have shared the fruits of their talents, knowledge, and efforts.

A number of the missions did not work when I installed them and I had a fair amount of difficulty figuring out what was wrong. Finally I wrote a program (written in REXX - Regina) which analyzes every mission I have and summarizes each Aircraft, Ground Object, and Ship involved in the mission. It then searches the installed Aircraft (from C:\pf\...\Objects\Aircraft), Terrains (from C:\pf\...\Terrains), and Ground Objects (from C:\pf\...\Objects\GroundObjectData.ini -- extracted from ObjectData.cat) to determine if any required "objects" are not installed. A summary is produced with each object not installed flagged so you can easily find what objects need to be downloaded. In some cases, the error is not in a missing download, but a mis-spelled object within the mission text - Things like F4e vs F-4e).

At ANY rate, I am now in the process of running thru the results of the analysis on my missions and hope to have more running soon.

The anaysis is written in a language called Regina (Rexx). It is a free language that can be downloaded if desired. Simply search Regina from Google type thing.

I am willing to share the analysis code. If there is a central place where I can send it, I will be happy to do so.

Just thought this may be useful to some of the world's Aces.

Cheers,

Ron

I am willing to share the analysis code. If there is a central place where I can send it, I will be happy to do so.

How about the SF downloads section here at Combat ACE?

Just a thought ...