KJakker

TBM Avenger Airshow Ditching Florida

Excellent landing by the pilot saved the plane with minimal damage. 

Indeed! Hoping for a quick recovery, repair and back into the air! Far to few still around

Salt water does a number on electrical. But aside from submerging, it looks like he got away with a bent prop. I hope they can get it back to flying status. Flying the warbirds has steadily thinned out their numbers, but there are already plenty of museum pieces. I want to see warbirds thundering overhead until the last one crashes to let as many generations as possible know what these planes were really like beyond photos and static displays. There is nothing like hearing a warbird overhead, be it radial or inline. Modern aircraft don't have engines or performance anywhere close aside from military fighters and transports. How I wish I could have heard B-17s and B-24s formed up by the hundreds. I personally got to watch a flight of warbirds pass overhead with a B-17, B-24, B-25, P-40, P-51, and F-4F. The sound of all those engines in close proximity was amazing. The kids in the neighborhood couldn't understand why I was so excited. They could care less. That was around 1996 or 1997 near San Diego, CA. I was living in Santee and there was an airshow at Gillespie airfield. The warbirds were flying in together for the weekend. I went to the show. It was great. Mainly static displays, but every aircraft on display had flown in :)

• Like 1