I found this missile LOD in JH-7A aircraft folders. The problem with it is that in LOD viewer, the missile model has green areas, which means that those areas were not caught when it was saved from 3D object editor when it was exported and they will appear grey in game and you can't modify their color because those areas have no bitmaps/jgs calls in LOD and they look funny in the game. I would like to correct that in 3D Max, but not having the file I can't, so my request is this:

Does anyone know, please, who made models for Chinese missiles here around, if any ever did ? Maybe the model was already corrected and I don't know it. However I looked into weapons download section, couldn't find any Chinese missiles, execept the PL-13 and the PL-12, in SF1 download section.

Thank you in advance.

The Chinese PL-8 is basically the Israeli Python 3.

PL-8 - Python 3, provided by Israel

PL-8A - Same as PL-8, but assembled in China with Israeli components

PL-8B - Fully built in China with Chinese components

That said, we are fortunate to have ravenclaw's excellent Python 3.

So instead of looking for the creator of that PL-8 missile, who might be one of the InSky guys, I would suggest asking ravenclaw for a template of his Python 3 and repainting it as necessary.

This way you would end up with a much better version on the PL-8. Here is a screenshot of ravenclaw's Python 3.

Python 3.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ravenclaw actually did PL-8 also. It is in his vol.2 weaponpack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, that was quite logical actually, thanks yakarov79 :drinks:

Here it is:

PL-8.JPG

God, how stupid I am, it's not the PL-8 it's the PL-5B I was talking about in my previous post. I am sorry I missled you, it's my fault. I was thinking to that one and I wrote another thing. This one you showed to me I already have it. It's gorgeous. The model (Pl-5B) it's quite accurate, I saw its picture on the net, so that is why I hope I can save it somehow.

I will correct the title of the thread. Please forgive me for missleading you. It was not intentionaly, I am tired after a long trip.

Edited by UllyB

Ooops I can't change the title of the thread! If a moderator see this maybe could help here. Thank you.

The PL-5B model you refer to seems to have been released far from finished, look at the tail fins - only half of them were brought to what could be a close to finished condition.

PL-5B.JPG

Edited by Svetlin
  • Thanks 1

Exactly my point. That is why I ask who did it. Maybe who did it has still the 3D Max file...or maybe he finished it but didn't realeased it again.

If the model was created by someone of the InSky group as I suspect, then it is not very likely to either find a better version or get access to the max file.

I see...Well let's keep a positive spirit for now LOL If no one comes forward with it I will ask maybe Ravenclaw, maybe when he will have time for it. We'll see

However if anyone wants to help in making one, by all means, please say it.

Edited by UllyB

I took a good look at every single missile model there is. The AIM-9L looks very close to that one I miss. I decided to make HiRes skins for every each of them.

pl-comp1.jpg

Edited by UllyB