MODS release

There is a new update for the WOFF User Files Backup Program

Here is a brief summary of the change for the WOFF utility:

Created: 8 December 2021
Author: Robert Wiggins at SIMHQ forum
Version 1.6

Changelog

Date: 2021-Dec-08
Changes: Version 1.6 uses the registry keys to resolve the location of the WOFF installation instead of hard coding the default location. Some other efficiencies to reduce runtime and coding were applied.

The program can be downloaded from the WOFF Mods page : click to access User Created Tools and Utilities Mods

Hi all,

For those that may not be aware, I host mods on my web site.

Those that are sent to me by our modders are uploaded straight away.

There may be some modders that don't send me their files, in which case they won't be on the site.

The site is here for anyone to download mods:

https://thatoneplease.co/WOFF.html

Mike

Hi all,
'JJJ65' has released Version 1.5 of the 'Historical Populated Airfields Mod'.
The mod is available on the 'User Created Airfields Mods' page.

User Created Airfields Mods

The page is dated 26th December 2021. If you don't see that date, refresh your browser or clear your internet cache.

Here is an extract summary of the ReadMe file for the mod:

Created: 25 December 2021
Authors: JJJ65 - WOFF's generic airfields
Robert Wiggins - added support for custom airfields
Version 1.5

Changelog 1.5

- This release has been modified to correct an error in the Global_Layer file for Bray Dunes airfield which caused a WOFF Crash when using the map key because the airfield was not properly defined.

Hi all,
Rob has released an updated WOFF 0 BH&HII - Consolidated Custom Facilities Airfields Mod (Version 2.4).
This removes the static locomotive at Phalempin airfield, as it was causing errors to be written to the users log.

The download and the BH&HII Historically Populated Airfields Mod are available in the 'User Mods Pages' (Airfields).

Airfields

The page is dated 3rd January 2022. If you don't see that date in the header block of those pages, clear your internet cache or refresh the page.

Edited by rjw

Hi all,
I have released an updated WOFF 0 BH&HII - Consolidated Custom Facilities Airfields Mod (Version 2.5).

Created: 4 January 2022

Author: Robert Wiggins at SIMHQ forum

Version 2.5

Changelog 2.5

-    The model " brickwall_l2_601m_bois" used in the Boistrancourt airfield in the "WOFF 0 BH&HII - Consolidated Custom Facilities Airfields Mod was causing errors to be written to the users log, due to a faulty ".xdp" file. The ".xdp" file has been recreated and is ok now in this release.

The download and the BH&HII Historically Populated Airfields Mod will be available in the 'User Mods Pages' (Airfields), as soon as Sandbagger gets it posted. Watch for it!

Sandbagger's WEB Page for airfields:  Click Here

Edited by rjw

Hi all,
Sandbagger has posted an updated WOFF 0 BH&HII - Consolidated Custom Facilities Airfields Mod (Version 2.6).

The download and the BH&HII Historically Populated Airfields Mod are available in the 'User Mods Pages' (Airfields).

Airfields

The page is dated 24th January 2022. If you don't see that date in the header block of those pages, clear your internet cache or refresh the page.

• Thanks 2

Sorry W. Woman, I missed your post.   Pack 4 is part of the 2nd Mod "More Skins by Jerbear"  As of now there are three packs in User Skins by Jerbear, Pack 1 2 and 3, now there are Pack 4, 5 and 6 in More Skins by Jerbear.

Here are what few pictures this forum will allow me to post from the New Pack 6 and a redone skin from Pack 2 for Hans Bohning ( the blue and white diamond pattern)   All three Mods have additions and changes so need to be downloaded again to get the changes and new skins,  Alternative, User Skins and More skins by Jerbear.

FAA 289b Lb Rumpler Ludecke.jpg

J36 DV Bohning NEW.jpg

J39 DVa lineup.jpg

J7 DVII lineup 2.jpg

J3 DV Schmidt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TROOPER117 said:

All I see is version 2.6, 4th Jan 2022?

Yes Trooper, I forgot to change the date in the ReadMe file but you have the correct latest version if it says "Version 2.6"

Thanks too Robert for your consolidated facilities mod and also to Jerbear for the brilliant skins..cheers lads.

4 hours ago, Adger said:

Thanks too Robert for your consolidated facilities mod and also to Jerbear for the brilliant skins..cheers lads.

Your Wecome!

• Thanks 1

Hi, everybody.

Sandbagger has posted the update to Version 4.2 of my Optional Cloud Mod on his website.

The download is available in the 'User Mods Pages' (Sky Mods).

User created Sky mods

The page is dated 27th January 2022. If you don't see that date in the header block of those pages, clear your internet cache or refresh the page.

• Thanks 2

NEW  TWO-SEATER SKINS

Sandbagger will be posting the re-release of User Skins and Alternative Skins by Jerbear Mods on his page shortly.

I didn’t plan these in conjunction with the new patch. I just serendipitously got the bug to do some more two-seaters and was just finishing them up when the announcement for the patch came up.

This release is a little different. Instead of making a 7th skin pack, I used some space I had available in Pack 2 (In User Skins Mod).

I added 45 two-seaters and one Albatros DIII early to Pack 2.

I added 22 two-seaters to the already existing 16 in the Alternative pack.

The other, previously done two-seaters are scattered in the other packs, 4 are in More User skins and 60 more are in pack 1, which is part of (User skins).

So, you will need to download User Skins by jerbear and Alternative Skins by jerbear to get the new ones (and most of the old ones) If you have not downloaded More User Skkins by jerbear there are four more in that Mod.

The skins in the Packs 1 and 2 fill gaps in the skins where units were left out and use the default skins and provide skins for ace AI pilots. One important new feature are new lozenge wings for the Rumpler which have lozenge fabric on the bottom as well as the top and with lozenges that I believe are closer to the correct size and orientation.
jJust as an aside, the ace skins work well as personal skins.

The Alternative skins have replacement skins for units and aces that had speculative unit markings that have been shown to be incorrect by more recent information (after 2011 or 2013) and tweaks to skins that weren’t checked before being released (bands that don’t connect properly, warped national insignia, Along with these are some personal skins.

Each skin is explained in the ReadMe files for their Mod.

More shots can be seen on SimHQ and the screen shot thread here

Jerbear

NEW FA19 DFW 1918 stripes 1.jpg

NEW Ss34 Hannover 1918.jpg

NEW SS 5 Rumpler Theide.jpg

NEW FAA266 Hannover 1918  leaf.jpg

NEW FAA 282 DFW 1918.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic stuff cheers pal.

• Thanks 1

Mike (Sandbagger) had to move it.  He posted on SimHq that he  has it back up but  the link still doesn't work.

Jerbear

I hit the link on the WOFF website this morning and all is back to normal.

7th Skin Pack

Sandbagger will be posting the re-release of all three Jerbear skin Mods shortly.

This is the 4th release of the More Skins by jerbear Mod and the 8th release of User Skins and Alternative Skins.

There are three packs (1, 2 and 3) in the User skins Mod.  (638 skins)

Four packs (4, 5, 6, and now 7) in the More User skins Mod. The 7th skin pack (202 skins)is now added to thid mod making it 721 skins.

The Alternate Skins Mod is only one pack with 216 skins.

A number of changes were made to the skins in the first 3 packs, which are contained in User Skins by Jerbear. These do not replace any WOFF Skin Pack skins

Pol asked me to do some simple re-work on the Roland CII skins.  I got carried away with the project and ended up doing much more than was requested.  These are still the same base skin, I believe Makai made the skins along with some help from a few others.  My changes are just in the drawn lines and camouflage patterns.  The skins are supposed to be released in a future update, unless Pol wants some more changes to them.

I re-worked and moved all the Roland CII ace skins to Pack 1 in the User skins Mod, there are 71 Roland CII ace skins.

In the Alternative Skins Mod by jerbear I have completed a Fokker DVII OAW covered in five-color fabric.  The skin three versions, early, mid-production and late-production models.

I'll post however many shots this thread will allow and put some more on the Screenshots thread.  You can go to SimHq and there will probably be some more there.

FOKKER DVII OAW with five-color fabric covering.

I felt the five-color fabric was a significant omission from the skin pack.  The fabric may seem a little bright compared to the four-color Fokker built and five-color Albatros built machines already in the skin packs but, according to information I found in Windsock’s “Fokker VII anthology 2.”  Dave Roberts wrote on page 22 “Incidentally, every confirmed DVII sample I have handle, and all the capture and technical reports I have read for the type, indicate straightforward clear doping of fabric, without any special finishing coat.  Some aircraft apparently had brown varnish or matt lacquer applied, but it was far from universal.

For the pattern direction and placement of fabric panels I relied on information from the above mentioned publication on information from Wingnut Wings.

Some of these were used for new skins in Pack 7, but five versions, without any unit or personal marking are included in the Alternate Skins Mod.  Some are in clear dope while two have the transparent brown dope over the fabric.  These are provided for those who want to use them for personal skins and add their own markings.

The middle shot shows the brown tinted dope.

These others are just randoms from the 7th skins pack, I will put the Rolands in the Screenshot thread.

j21 dviioaw 5 color personal template  alT.jpg

J21 DVIIOAW LATE Brown stain.jpg

J21 DVIIOAW LATE Production.jpg

J76b DV Hopf.jpg

J76b DVa Koller.jpg

NEW SKINS RELEASED

All two-seater skins have been removed from the User Skins, More Skins and Alternative Skins mods. I have placed them in a separate Two-Seater Mod.  So now there are four.

A number of new fighter skins have been added to the Alternatives for Staffels 37/40/41/41/43/44s/45/46/48?49 and 50. 

No 8th skin pack was created for these latest skins.  Instead, the 96 new fighter skins have been added to Pack 1 to fill up the space left by the removal of the two-seaters that were there.

There has been significant shifting of skins between mods and numerous tweaks and corrections.  So, it will be necessary to download all four mods to avoid duplications and that warning message that comes up if you have the previous version of one of these Mods and add the new version of another that has some of the same skins in it.

The ReadMe files have been changed as well.  I eliminated all the change logs as most of them are not really relevant and have become tedious and confusing over time.  They could still use a little work but they’re good enough for now.

The most significant feature of these new releases are the Roland skins.  These are possibly going to be added to the WOFF Skin Pack in the future, but I am releasing them in the interim. 

The panels and fittings have been altered to represent six different production models, along with various new camouflage schemes.  There are fewer unit markings and some new ones that have a historical basis.

I have moneyed around with the Pfalz DIIIa skins.  I started out just adding some bling to a few, examples below, but ended up adding some new features to them. I, evidently, have no self control.

OvStachel is working on a complete refresh of the Pfalz, which will take some time.  In the interim, I have reworked the lozenge wings and fuselage fittings on my modified skins, and I will rework some of the earlier ones as time permits.

The skins in the WOFF Skin pack do not have these modifications unless they are ones I modified previously for the Alternate Skins Mod.

When Ov releases his new Pfalz in the future, these will all have to be pulled and redone if they are not part of his refresh.  The refresh includes a new mapping for the Pfalz skin, and the present ones will not work on it.  But that won’t be for some time, possibly years .

I have made four new personal skins with these modifications for you guys to use for your own personal markings, or just to fly as is.

For references on the fabric application, shading, fitting and other changes to the skin, I mostly used, Windsock’s Datafile 21 and their “PFALZ DIIIA AT WAR!” volumes 1 and 2.  The Wingnut Wings website was also very useful.  Plus, I referred to mockups of OvStachel’s new work for comparison.

J0 Pfalz check wing.jpg

J0 Pfalz one.jpg

J22 Pfalz Rath.jpg

J50 DVIIOAW Schadel a.jpg

J50 DVIIOAW Weinmann captured.jpg

J46 DVII Heibert.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Optional Cloud Mod 4.4 is now available for download. For additional details, please see the "Optional Cloud Mod 4.0 Update" thread. 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic skins Jerhear ..and Buckeye a fantastic mod. Thanks to you both on your continued work that must take dozens if not hundreds of hours to complete..cheers lads.:drinks:

• Thanks 1

I have sent the 10th version of the Alternative Skins Mod to Sandbagger, so it should be posted sometime soon.

There are about 80 new personal skins in this new release. Some are the markings on documented aircraft for which the pilot is not known, some are for use with a certain Staffel but most will work in a number of units. Look at the ReadMe file and it will explain the reasoning behind the markings.

NEW J0 Alb DVa 1918 BB Gray Autocumulus clouds.jpg

NEW J58 DVIIOAW Personal Kassel.jpg

NEW J16 Pfalz Personal Zebra.jpg

NEW J0 Alb DVa Saxon.jpg

NEW J0 DV Baden Wurt  PR Blanket Clouds Low.jpg

NEW J0 Pfalz 17 Candy Cane BB Fluffy white scattered clouds.jpg

NEW Alb DV black corkscrew BB clouds and fog low.jpg

NEW J78b DVIIOAW BB Fluffy WHite Clouds.jpg

NEW J18 DIIIOAW Berthold BB Blanket Whispy Clouds2.jpg

NEW J0 Pfalz 17 Candy Cane BB Fluffy white scattered clouds.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1