Sign in to follow this  
TROOPER117

An interesting little film worth watching...

Very interesting, yes! Thanks for the link.

Captured Caudron G IV and a DII from Jasta 9 used in the film.

608481ab9ed1d_Jasta9scapturedCaudronGIV.thumb.jpg.cde9b8870db8e9cb594f5d08eaee7f11.jpg

• Like 1

Cracking bit of film, superb calrity as well, considering its age, I must admit I had never seen the mud scrapers before, must have been a Jasta upgrade, as the Caudron has them too. I had to giggle when later in the film they were showing Sturmtruppen doing their thing, and the were climbing a muddy bank , and one of the Huns took a tumble arse over tit.....made me guffaw some did that.

Yes, I'd never seen that film before either. I wonder who's idea it was to improvise the mudguards... even sticking some on the Caudron as well.

Nice one Trooper. I've seen bits of it before in WOFF I think. But one can never have enough original clips of WW1 can one? The DII is a magnificent beast. Some say the peak of Albatros design, after which the sesquiplane configuration produced it's own problems.

I like the three chaps having a smoke and a laugh. Probably about Fraulein Helga and her boudoir tricks. Remembering of course, that in those days you were allowed to smoke and laugh at the same time.

• Haha 2

Well as I don't smoke, does that mean I get to laugh twice?   :no: