Sign in to follow this  
WangoTango

CTD after Exit Mission command

Cntrl + Q usually ends my mission (brings up to hit enter), but this time it just Crashed to desktop.

Disappointing as I had to nurse my damaged bird to a safe landing.

I see this has been an issue in previous versions. There is mention of configuring Windows Media Player. I have no idea what that entails.

Who knows hard to say.  Maybe gather all the logs and files as per last 2 pages of the BH&H II FAQ and send to support.
It's not an issue, like many a program in Windows, for a few people, sometimes it may crash. We'd need more info.

Sonds like Windows 10, doing the windows 10 thing....I assume you are using win 10

2 hours ago, WangoTango said:

Cntrl + Q usually ends my mission (brings up to hit enter), but this time it just Crashed to desktop.

Disappointing as I had to nurse my damaged bird to a safe landing.

I see this has been an issue in previous versions. There is mention of configuring Windows Media Player. I have no idea what that entails.

Generally, I think all this means is that you have to run Windows media player once. No actual configuration required.

Thanks guys. 

The CTD was before I installed patch 1.04.

Polovski, I sent off the required files.

I will run Windows Media Player once, thanks BB.      EDIT( Turns out WMP was not installed )

Edited by WangoTango

I looked over the files and replied WT.   Indeed if you have campaign videos enabled it could be a problem if WMP isn't there.

In the email also mentioned setting woff and cfs3 apps compatibility settings to "run this program as an administrator" which may help.

Ok, I tried a couple of things.

1- installed and ran once Windows Media Player

2-set both woff and cfs3 apps compatibility settings to "run this program as an administrator" as per Polovski

3- Turned of Dynamic Lights

4- installed 1.04 patch (issue happened with 1.03 patch)

Finished a mission, and was able to exit without any issues.

Edited by WangoTango

Excellent WT thanks for reporting back.