Sign in to follow this  
rjw

? on Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods use

Hi folks;

I could use some help here. I would like to establish just how many of the WOFFers are using the "Consolidated Custom Facilities Mods" that are hosted on Sandbagger's web site and in addition which version of WOFF you are currently running (BH&H II, PE, UE, or Other).

If you are a user of the mods, would you kindly identify yourself in this thread and what version of WOFF you currently run.

Best Regards

Yes My name is Marc, and I am a user....errrrr........yes I use the consolidated, used them on WOFF PE, and now on BH&H 

Hi Rick:      I used them in PE and will use them in BH&H when I get time to do some flying.  That count?

Jerbear

Yes Jerbear that counts. Thanks

4 hours ago, jerhear said:

Hi Rick:      I used them in PE and will use them in BH&H when I get time to do some flying.  That count?

Jerbear

Sorry about that.          I had Rick on the brain but you in my heart.  Never had to use that one on my wife.  Think it would have worked?

He He.

Who can convince me to use this mod... what can it bring to the party that the vanilla install already has?

So far I've been reluctant to use mods as this version of WoFF has already advanced the goalposts on so many fronts...

Hi Robert

I used the Consolidated Facilities Mod in PE.  Just presently flying stock in BH & H for now.  Will be Modding up in the near future with the CFM.  Cheers!  

1 hour ago, TROOPER117 said:

Who can convince me to use this mod... what can it bring to the party that the vanilla install already has?

So far I've been reluctant to use mods as this version of WoFF has already advanced the goalposts on so many fronts...

Trooper117;

Well the short answer is, the mod populates all of the stock and custom airfields with airfield with personnel and equipment to add atmosphere,'

The custom airfields included in the mod are far more realistic in their composition than the stock ones.

I would recommend you to try the mods out and decide for yourself. They are JSGME and auto install to the Mods folder. This approach allows you to activate and deactivate the mod without having to worry about permanently altering your stock installation.

In summary, the proof is in the pudding! Try it and then you can make a decision based on experience.

Best Regards

I was using the mod with PE, but haven't gotten the BH&H version. I am wanting to keep things simple and clean for now but will probably start adding a few select mods once I have the new stock game fully worn in.

12 hours ago, rjw said:

Trooper117;

Well the short answer is, the mod populates all of the stock and custom airfields with airfield with personnel and equipment to add atmosphere,'

The custom airfields included in the mod are far more realistic in their composition than the stock ones.

I would recommend you to try the mods out and decide for yourself. They are JSGME and auto install to the Mods folder. This approach allows you to activate and deactivate the mod without having to worry about permanently altering your stock installation.

In summary, the proof is in the pudding! Try it and then you can make a decision based on experience.

Best Regards

Thanks for the answer... I'm happy using the JSGME process (used it in previous versions of WoFF and other games) but not tried this one... I'll try it out this weekend! :good:

I think the main question is whether your system has the juice to run the mod. If that is not an issue, than you should definitely try the mod. The airfields are no longer generic, are much more historically accurate (down to the placement of side roads, occasional tennis courts and apple orchards), and are bustling with "activity" (planes in and outside hangers, ack ems going about their work, even that barking dog we all hear before take off)!

So, if your system can handle it, my conclusion is that the mod is a "must-have."

Edit: based on WOFF PE, I would say you can expect to lose 5 - 10 fps depending on activity and location over the front if you use the mod. Not bad if you are consistently getting 80 - 100 fps, not so much if you are only getting 40 - 60.

Edited by BuckeyeBob

On 4/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, rjw said:

If you are a user of the mods, would you kindly identify yourself in this thread and what version of WOFF you currently run.

Just installed CCFM, playing BH&H2

Hi Robert, 

I used to under WOFF PE - then had to do some reinstalls and did not put it back in place.
Have not yet started using it in BH&H2 want to get the feel without mods first.
But I do plan to use it again at some point.

Regards,