Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

A.I. night lights

Can be the A.I. set to turn on its aircraft lights ? I remember that in SF1, after a specific hour the A.I. had the aicraft lights turned on or am I remembering it all wrong ? I could've swear that it was an ini file where you could change manual the hour when A.I. turn on the lights.

Thank you.

PS - Searching this subject on the forum I discovered the carrier night lights mode. But this one is made just for the stock carriers because , probably, at that time (2014), nobody built a third party carrier then, opposed to nowadays when there are a few already built. I am curious, is anyone who adapted the mode to  his third party carrier ? If it does I would like some guiding please, I am interested for "my" Kuznetsov and Riga. Thank you.

Edited by UllyB

Not sure, but when you turn your lights on, the rest of your group do the same. Need to check it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilches said:

Not sure, but when you turn your lights on, the rest of your group do the same. Need to check it.

I did check that. They won't turn the lights on. But I noticed that after 18 hundreds hours they do turn on the lights, so it must be a setting somewhere in a ini file. Maybe a veteran of ini files would shed some light here for us. Thanks anyway.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

There´s another thing to consider. The SFNA mess with the night operations, so it can be one of the issues it causes. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wilches said:

There´s another thing to consider. The SFNA mess with the night operations, so it can be one of the issues it causes. 

Hmmm..I don't know what to say , I am no expert in SFNA...We'll see if someone knows anything for sure. Thanks.

I always thought that, along with "daylight hours" in (some) dll or another (terrain engine?), that this line in the cockpit ini controlled external lighting:

[CockpitSeat001]
OpenCockpit=TRUE
ModelName=A-26B_Pit
Position=-0.37,1.6,0.85
Offset=0.0,-0.0,0.0
ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
MaxYaw=140
MinYaw=-140
MaxPitch=90
MinPitchFront=-60
MinPitchRear=-45
LightRange=1.5
LightInnerConeAngle=65
LightOuterConeAngle=70
LightAngles=0.0,-30.0,0.0
DiffuseLightFactor=0.5
NightLightOn=0.55
NightLightColor=0.6,0.3,0.4
Gunsight=GunsightFront

I know that a lot of the originals (all the way back) were set at like 0.25. I seem to remember that setting it to 0.50 or higher made the lights come on earlier (of couse, I may be disremembering as i'm getting old --<gr>).

I do know that In Enemy Territory (tm), wingmates lights go off.

Isn't that  line, you indicated, in cockpit.ini that controll the inside cockpit light ? Or inside light is controlled by dll ? (hardware coded). I will look into my old SF1 files. Now I remember, there is a general ini file in which you can set when the lights are on, but it might be for terrain airports only...

but it might be for terrain airports only

that might have been what I was thinking of...????? but I know that's adjusable too, as Comprnt's runway light mod was on all day and night

• Thanks 1