Hello Plebians :biggrin:,

New to WOFF entirely, just bought BHAH II yesterday and now that I am over the initial hurdles of setting up my TM16000 HOTAS set (pedals are a pain to map) I can safely say that this sim is bonkers!

I fly DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, Xplane 11 etc. and own 100's of ££'s worth of modules/addons but this mad little gem is already starting to really grow on me.

The combat is INTENSE! The gun jams are frightening and the flying in general is fairly challenging.

Coming from DCS etc. I was skeptical due to the out-dated graphics of WOFF but that hardly even matters to me now to be honest, it's just all so bloomin' interesting!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

Coming from DCS etc. I was skeptical due to the out-dated graphics of WOFF but that hardly even matters to me now to be honest, it's just all so bloomin' interesting!

Hi Bagpipe,

What you wrote is absolutely so true.
The environment is superb.
Welcome to the fray.

• Like 2

Greetings,

I came over from Redbaron3d and board games like Dawn Patrol... then ROF. ROF's AI was a total failure and the developers did nothing to improve the Ai's habit of entering turns when you engaged and were never really aggressive. Once I bought into WOFF I was sold. The AI and other features are light years above any other WW1 sim.

• Like 2

You haven't met Capt. Triggers then. :whip:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

Outdated graphics!... Sorry, got to go to the mess and have a whisky shandy.

• Haha 2

Been with these lads more than 10 years Bagpipe and their enthusiasm and attention to detail is second to none. You’ve picked the best place to start in BHaH II wow..your in for some surprises..Welcome to the Forum and welcome to the beautiful but deadly skies of OBD,S BHAH II   :good:

• Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Bagpipe, glad to have you with us.  You are in for many enjoyable and terrifying hours of WWI aerial combat and general flying fun.  So much WOFFy goodness for you to discover.  Watch your six, head on swivel, beware the Hun in the sun, and most importantly, new lads buy the drinks! :drinks:

Lou

• Thanks 1

Welcome.

Outdated graphics? We do try though..

N10 in formation.jpg

WOFF 2020 Terrain Shot10-15-20-19-35-59.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful shots Pol, Outdated? Blasphemy I tell ya..il have you in front of the firing squad young Bagpipe  😀

fqyT9v7.jpg

8CHYpWC.jpg 

Edited by Adger
  • Like 2

Welcome to the asylum er briefings tent...where everything is jolly until someone loses an EIII.

I don't say a whole lot in here, but I've been around since WOFF BHAHII was OFF 2 iirc on a CD.  I have sim flown RoF & IL2Flying Circus for the co-op MP and enjoyed those iterations.  For SP pure DiD immersion its WOFF ( and WoTR) in campaign form.  Otherwise it's tabletop Fight in the Skies (TSR- ancient pre Dawn Patrol version) with models or the venerable Avalon Hill offering 'Richtofen's War'.

Kind regards,

Dave

• Like 2

Those pics above just show how good the graphics are... thanks chaps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the graphics world this is not a slur gents. The demands of the two graphic engines are different. The imagery they both create is amazing, so kudos to both sims. I would stay the firing squad.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Polovski said:

Welcome.

Outdated graphics? We do try though..

N10 in formation.jpg

WOFF 2020 Terrain Shot10-15-20-19-35-59.jpg

I thought that might ruffle some feathers!:wink:

I mean, for what you guys are working with as a base, it is terrific. The scenery is very convincing (in fact, a lot more so than many sims out there), the aircraft are pretty decent.

The clouds could do with a complete overhaul (my opinion :dntknw:) but with the cloud fog effect turned on they do the job of getting me hopelessly lost from the rest of my flight so can't really complain too much. Performance is spot on too in fairness, not one issue on my rig.

What matters though is the feeling in the 'pit and it is most certainly an exhilarating place to be so hats off to you guys.

I'd love to see this Sim get a much larger following so will do my best to spread the good word around social media etc.

Thanks for the Welcome everyone and looking forward to harassing you all for pointers!!

Here's the beer :drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

The clouds could do with a complete overhaul (my opinion :dntknw:

Buckeye Bob is working on a cloud mod at the moment so hopefully we’ll see some possible improvements soon, but yep I’d love DCS/ MSFS type clouds, that’d top it off :good:

Thanks for the comments Bagpipe, and the beer is very needed ;)

• Like 1

Lovely pics blokes. Is not the Nieuport Bebe the cutest crate ever made? No need to answer. Of course it is.

Adger, there can never be enough sunset/sunrise images (this is not open for discussion, it's just a fact) but especially when it concerns the quaintly lovable Be2. One can almost see the Se5 bloodline in there. :huh:

I'm still driving the Be2c (early) in which the (un)blinkin' madman in the for'ard cockpit wrestles with a Lee-Enfield. I'm not at all confident that this arrangement will suffice in instances of aerial attack from a hostile aircraft. I note your observer is armed with a mounted machine gun (Lewis?).  I like this arrangement better. I'll seek an upgrade through the proper channels.:spiteful:

• Like 1

A word of caution here. I am indeed working on a fix for some of the cloud flashing oddities, and I feel I have made some progress in that regard, but I am not a miracle worker. There appear to be several different causes of cloud flashing and popping, dependent on various factors, including cloud type, time of day, sun and cloud position, aircraft and cloud height, etc., not to mention differences in computers, graphics cards, and so on. In other words, it's complicated! I'm afraid without an upgrade to DX11 or 12, there will always be an issue with clouds in the sim.

On the positive side, I have almost totally eliminated cloud popping in high, cirrus type clouds. Cloud flashing or popping in heavy, mixed light and dark clouds at all altitudes, however, remains a problem, although I believe I have been able to reduce that too, at least to some extent. Flashing in low, flat clouds is also an issue, occasionally.

I am always interested in testers, so if you have some time and would like to help out, please drop me a line.

Good new mate... looking forward to seeing how all your experiments turn out.

22 hours ago, Polovski said:

Thanks for the comments Bagpipe, and the beer is very needed ;)

https://flyingbagpipe.wordpress.com/2021/04/30/woff-bhh-2/

Did you a first impressions write up, great subject now that I am getting the blog off the ground again. I think I may begin an occasional flight diary piece going forward detailing some of my encounters but we will see what time allows.

6 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

https://flyingbagpipe.wordpress.com/2021/04/30/woff-bhh-2/

Did you a first impressions write up, great subject now that I am getting the blog off the ground again. I think I may begin an occasional flight diary piece going forward detailing some of my encounters but we will see what time allows.

Great review! To be honest sums it up quite right. It's me by the way, the guy from Discord who mentioned BH&H2 to you, if you remember!

Totally not shilling anything but if you enjoy writing, got the time for it and want an even more unique experience, check out the DID campaign over at the SimHQ forum for WOFF!

56 minutes ago, NotRelevant said:

Totally not shilling anything but if you enjoy writing, got the time for it and want an even more unique experience, check out the DID campaign over at the SimHQ forum for WOFF!

If you have a link I will do that. I have recently left a job which was taking up my entire life so will be hoping to do alot more with my blog now that i have secured a new job which should, hopefully, allow me more personal time to do the things I enjoy!

So subscribe! (not shilling anything either lol)

14 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

If you have a link I will do that. I have recently left a job which was taking up my entire life so will be hoping to do alot more with my blog now that i have secured a new job which should, hopefully, allow me more personal time to do the things I enjoy!

So subscribe! (not shilling anything either lol)

Ask and thou shalt receive: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4449449/1

Thanks for the review Bagpipe - I may link to it on the website.  We are still waiting on some other reviews to come in so it will help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Polovski said:

Thanks for the review Bagpipe - I may link to it on the website.  We are still waiting on some other reviews to come in so it will help.

My pleasure mate