Sign in to follow this  
Rick Rawlings

What? A Rick Rawlings Challenge?

1 hour ago, mandrews_2 said:

I wonder if the landing gear is giving out.  Landing gear damage was added is a feature in the BH&H2.

That's a possibility and a good point!

Yes that's probably it because I bounced on landing. Speared by my own landing gear! Ouch.

I should've payed more attention to the new features. :blink:

Yikes, the field has thinned of late! My sincere condolences to all those whose pilots have gone west. Monty is still in it, primarily due to a lack of enemy encounters. When he does see them he stays high and refuses to be drawn into ground level fights (which the WOFF AI seems to love to do).

I've been super busy with RL stuff but hope to conclude the career with the full 22 missions done by tomorrow EOD at which point I'll post a final video and get my weeks calculated correctly. A Big Thank You to Rick for organizing this fun challenge. If Monty lives I'll try to keep him going.

Cheers all.

mfair, baldric, and harryh, those are the only ones left alive?  Make us proud, boys! (baldric, note that you can fly a total of 22 missions, not 21.  the last one is for the last saturday...)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lofty_c said:

mfair, baldric, and harryh, those are the only ones left alive?  Make us proud, boys! (baldric, note that you can fly a total of 22 missions, not 21.  the last one is for the last saturday...)

Not me Amigo! I bought the farm last week. 

• Sad 1

My bad gents. I forgot to update my pilot from the grave. Updated now. 

1 hour ago, Mfair621 said:

My bad gents. I forgot to update my pilot from the grave. Updated now. 

That is a lot to expect from the dead!  :tongue:

How very fitting that it's Baldrick and I left standing, given the Cleese connection there ;)

Great job, lads! The stories, pics, and videos were outstanding! Congratulations to Baldric and HarryH!

Sorry I was unable to participate. Between work and working on my cloud mod, I barely have had any time to breathe, let alone fly.

Thanks for putting this together again, Rick.

• Like 2

mp3.thumb.png.dd0f0cbc920238bc3feb6f0243f08075.png

One final mission remains for Monty. I suspect that, unless he happens to run into a veritable flock of Alabtri tomorrow (unlikely given past missions), that Baldrick will get a well-deserved challenge victory.

• Like 1

Great job Harry just for stayin' alive stayin' alive ah ha ha ha stayin' aliiiiiiiiive! Ahem, sorry about that gents. It does look like Balders has got it by jove with Harry as wingman.

To all the participants, jolly well done. Outstanding. Top shelf. Thoroughly enjoyable for me and I hope everyone else.

And of course, special thanks to Rick for hosting this memorable event!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catch said:

Great job Harry just for stayin' alive stayin' alive ah ha ha ha stayin' aliiiiiiiiive! Ahem, sorry about that gents. It does look like Balders has got it by jove with Harry as wingman.

To all the participants, jolly well done. Outstanding. Top shelf. Thoroughly enjoyable for me and I hope everyone else.

And of course, special thanks to Rick for hosting this memorable event!

I concur old stick... well done to all participants!  :alcoholic:

• Like 1

Final report submitted. Monty survived mission 22... just about. He utterly failed to secure a second victory, however, and almost got himself shot down by a rather skilled red-nosed, blue-tailed Albatros. Videos of this scrap plus a railyard attack and a rather pretty dawn takeoff / forming up sequence currently processing. Thank you all for a fun challenge and congrats Baldric!

One final Python-inspired exchange.....

Mannock: What the hell do you think you were doing Python?

Python: I beg your pardon Major..

Mannock: How many times did you miss? What took you so long? Why did you fly around for hours without shooting at anything?

Python: Crikey sir, I didn't expect the Irish Inquisition!

Mannock: NOBODY expects the Irish Inquisition!!

Excellent work, HarryH! Alright, everyone: please fill out the Challenge Form one more time and I will look at it tomorrow evening to determine the final scores. Remember, you must be present to win, all sales are final, no purchase necessary, enter as often as you like!

• Like 1

Congratulations to all participants! And another Huzza to Rick for putting this on. It is always great fun. 
Baldric, good on you Sir!

Harry, congratulations on surviving. 

• Like 1

Alright, Ladies (???) and Gentlemen,

After consulting the data, it has come to my attention that I must hereby certify that:

Baldric is the winner!

Winner.thumb.jpg.ed75a69fcd687db7beb1123d61c5eb0d.jpg

60d0fd687f0a5_Week3.thumb.jpg.632496db8e3748eaf6f19ca9c38c45e0.jpg

In a surprisingly lethal affair, 2nd Lt. Archibald Turner managed to win by one point!  In fact, the upper echelons of the scoring bracket were very close, as you can see above, with the top three finishers being separated by only four points! Interestingly, 22 missions is apparently not enough for anyone to be promoted under the new version, so that may have to be changed going forward for any other challenges. I would also like to say that aside from eating it (yet again), I was thrilled at the turnout and quality of reporting as we celebrate the newest version of this storied flight simulator!

So let's hear it for Baldric! I will be contacting you through pm about your prize and I will leave it to you and Louvert to discuss your custom paint job.

:bowdown2: :groupwave::worship:  " And for a brief moment, Gordo Cooper Archibald Turner became the greatest pilot anyone had ever seen."

Thank you to all participants, I hope you had as much fun as I did and see you in the skies!

(Or stuck in a tree as the case may be!)

RR

Edited by Rick Rawlings
  • Like 3

Congrats Baldric and Lofty! As luck would have it, Monty just flew mission 23 and scored a victory over a Pfalz DIIIa and was awarded the MC! A day late and a dollar short as they say here . Ah well, next time ;)

Well done Baldric, congratulations on winning this killer event! :salute: PM me with the plane type you wish to have done up along with your ideas of what you would like to see on it.

Thanks Rick for another super challenge, even if it was nearly impossible to survive it.  :skull:  And kudos to Harry as well for being the only other one to live to tell the tale. 

• Like 1

Well done, Baldric!  um,  Rick, was there ever any mention of winner buys a round??

and well done to Harry for living, and for the others who made the supreme sacrifice, all in the line of duty for King and Country.

thanks again Rick for organizing another of what are always enjoyable events.  can't wait for the next one..................!

• Like 1

Ok... I'll post this right this time, lol!

Well done Balders, it was a close thing... and Harry of course for making it to the end  :good:

• Like 1

Hearty congratulations Balders on your fine effort and marriage. Haven't seen you around for a bit. I guess Dorothy has exceeded your expectations, you lucky blighter. :spiteful: