Guys, I've followed all the instructions for installing

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold - Part 1  and the other 3 parts   but when I pick the A6 any model for my campaign I have no cockpit, only the nose refueling probe if seen. The outside views looks proper, it flies correctly, just can't see the cockpit I'm sitting in.   Any help here? This has been driving me nuts for years. I love the A6 but I can't get it working. I have all the expansions and patches for SF2.

In SF1'S Wings Over Vietnam the A-6A was a flyable aircraft with a cockpit but in SF2:Vietnam it became a non-flyable AI type without a cockpit. It could be that it was made flyable for the mod but that the cockpit LOD was not included.

Perhaps this is the reason?

check within the A-6A's main aircraft folder for the existence of a /cockpit subfolder, along with the A-6A_avoincis.ini, A-6A_Cockpit.ini. 

within the cockpit folder you should have a parts list, as below

if not, well, you'll have to find them

intruder_cockipt-parts-list.jpg

3 hours ago, 1Patriot-of-many said:

Guys, I've followed all the instructions for installing

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold - Part 1  and the other 3 parts   but when I pick the A6 any model for my campaign I have no cockpit, only the nose refueling probe if seen. The outside views looks proper, it flies correctly, just can't see the cockpit I'm sitting in.   Any help here? This has been driving me nuts for years. I love the A6 but I can't get it working. I have all the expansions and patches for SF2.

When an aircraft refuses to show up in the aircraft menu, except you screwed the names of the files in the folder (the folder name must match the aircraft "ini" file; also in it, all the lines you see in the upper part of it, must match the files' names in aircraft folder), it means you need a cockpit. It can be any of them. First check if there is a stock plane (meaning that it is flyable) with the same name which has a cokpit already . There is no one? Well bad luck! If that is the case try hooking one you are comfortable with (copy directly the cockpit folder+cockpit.ini and be sure you match the name of the brought cockpit , with the one in the aircraft ini file that calls for it; you'll know when you'll see it).

Keep in mind, also , that the cockpit goes with the cockpit.ini file, they are "together" , sort of speak, so mixing a cockpit folder (with all its files inside) with a cockpit.ini file for another aircraft, it's a bad idea.(especially when the line that points to the name of the cockpit LOD doesn't match, you guessed!, the cockpit LOD name)

Edited by UllyB

Thanks guys! Wrench you're the best, my hero. This has been driving me nuts for quite some time. Showing the folder and file save screen did the trick for me. Somehow I missed the directions or misplaced the cockpit folder, it was missing from the A6 folder. Thank you all for the quick responses!

wrench.jpg

Edited by 1Patriot-of-many
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, UllyB said:

When an aircraft refuses to show up in the aircraft menu, except you screwed the names of the files in the folder (the folder name must match the aircraft "ini" file; also in it, all the lines you see in the upper part of it, must match the files' names in aircraft folder), it means you need a cockpit. It can be any of them. First check if there is a stock plane (meaning that it is flyable) with the same name which has a cokpit already . There is no one? Well bad luck! If that is the case try hooking one you are comfortable with (copy directly the cockpit folder+cockpit.ini and be sure you match the name of the brought cockpit , with the one in the aircraft ini file that calls for it; you'll know when you'll see it).

Keep in mind, also , that the cockpit goes with the cockpit.ini file, they are "together" , sort of speak, so mixing a cockpit folder (with all its files inside) with a cockpit.ini file for another aircraft, it's a bad idea.(especially when the line that points to the name of the cockpit LOD doesn't match, you guessed!, the cockpit LOD name)

I'm a little confused here, I have several versions in several mods of the A6 in the game menu but none of them have a cockpit except the A6 using the FOTI cockpit.  The A6-A is working now, but the B, E ect have no cockpit in the game. Maybe i screwed up pasting all the objects/aircraft folders that were generic to the game in the mods, and those cockpits and planes simply don't exist as flyable?

30 minutes ago, 1Patriot-of-many said:

I'm a little confused here, I have several versions in several mods of the A6 in the game menu but none of them have a cockpit except the A6 using the FOTI cockpit.  The A6-A is working now, but the B, E ect have no cockpit in the game. Maybe i screwed up pasting all the objects/aircraft folders that were generic to the game in the mods, and those cockpits and planes simply don't exist as flyable?

If you refer to the fact that every type of A-6 should have its own cockpit, I have good news: there is no need for such rigour. One cockpit of A-6 for all A-6 types will do. So if you have one or found one you like , for this type, just load it for each type of A-6 and you are ready to roll, no matter what model you choose.If I wasn't clear enough , keep in mind that for EACH A-6 type, you have to have into ITS main folder a ...cockpit subfolder.(the one which has the files needed in order that cockpit to show up in the game).

The short answer: yes, 90% are for A.I. only, so not flyable, but that doesn't meean they can't be made flyable (all of them). Do what I said above and you can fly them all.

Edited by UllyB

As Willem Dafoe once said "Don't worry. The only difference is a couple of black boxes and they are all mine. So just...follow steering and...flow with it. You see, Iron Hand is my thing."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, UllyB said:

If you refer to the fact that every type of A-6 should have its own cockpit, I have good news: there is no need for such rigour. One cockpit of A-6 for all A-6 types will do. So if you have one or found one you like , for this type, just load it for each type of A-6 and you are ready to roll, no matter what model you choose.If I wasn't clear enough , keep in mind that for EACH A-6 type, you have to have into ITS main folder a ...cockpit subfolder.(the one which has the files needed in order that cockpit to show up in the game).

The short answer: yes, 90% are for A.I. only, so not flyable, but that doesn't meean they can't be made flyable (all of them). Do what I said above and you can fly them all.

Worked perfectly for the B model too in Vietnam! Thanks again to all of you. Now I gotta go through all the mods I have and see if they have an A6 in them. I suppose it would take a lot more to actually add A6's to a mod that doesn't have them already incorporated in? I'm still a bit daft as to all the files that would have to be edited ect to incorporate new planes into each mod I feel like.......

21 hours ago, 1Patriot-of-many said:

I'm still a bit daft as to all the files that would have to be edited etc to incorporate new planes into each mod I feel like.......

Well modding like any other nasty job need to have a ...point of start. Got my drift ? :)

At first it's hard, then you ..get use to it LOL

On 5/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, UllyB said:

Well modding like any other nasty job need to have a ...point of start. Got my drift ? :)

At first it's hard, then you ..get use to it LOL

Yeah at first the creating, moving between files was confusing when adding new mods, I suppose I need to take the time to really understand how the files work together in the modding section and how the creation of .lods and such works, for now I'm a DOS kinda guy in a WIN7 universe when it comes to programming :)

Edited by 1Patriot-of-many

Well if you ever need help feel free to ask on general channel for SF2. But if you are really desperate you may PM me anytime and I will help :)

Once I was exactly in your shoes so I know how is it feel.

• Like 2