catch

Hour hand on cockpit clock not moving.

I am in a Be2c (early), arty spotting in beastly weather keeping a keen eye on the Mark IV.A 8 day RFC issue cockpit clock in order to estimate when this ghastly sortie may at last turn for home and a stiff gin and runny, military grade egg banjoe. :smile: 

Anyway, our mission took off at 12 noon sharp. The clocks' minute hand moved as it should but the hour hand remained resolutely unmoved on 12 during the passage of time as the images below illustrate.

It's a small thing but I should think reasonable easy to fix yeah? I have no idea if other crates are similarly afflicted? Anyone else notice this?

608fc8e2b7931_CombatFlightSimulator3Screenshot2021_05.03-19_12_20_71.thumb.png.3523ec18d754988d67bdc874f7ef6d62.png

608fc919ee105_CombatFlightSimulator3Screenshot2021_05.03-19_39_26_84.thumb.png.0ab17ac72bca98a4e8e252be22d08c27.png

I’ve noticed this in the Strutter and Bristol F2B, but that is the limit of my game play thus far.

Take them back to the Quartermasters Stores... they will keep issuing defective equipment. I blame Smudge Smith the storeman, he always was a bit dodgy.   :dntknw:

• Haha 1

It's been that way for a long time. It just jumps on the hour, IIRC. It's weird how that makes it a little harder to note shoot down and engagement times!

Z key is your friend in these situations. Yes, I know it is highly unrealistic, but whadda ya gonna do? ;)

Yes, did that yesterday with the Z key so I have the time right for my claim...

@catch The second hand also looks the same in both images, does it work? 

Limit of the clock unfortunately the hour hand only moves when the hour is up.. indeed Z key is your friend.

6 hours ago, Erik said:

@catch The second hand also looks the same in both images, does it work? 

Looks like it doesn't but that's not a problem for me. If it was I think Pol might think we're an overly pedantic bunch lol.

4 hours ago, Polovski said:

Limit of the clock unfortunately the hour hand only moves when the hour is up.. indeed Z key is your friend.

Okay thanks Pol. Speaking of the Z key, can you move the info around on screen? In cockpit view, I can't make out the FPS count due to the googles darkening effect around the edges. 

Whether it works right or not, if you ever have a forced landing never forget to detach the clock and bring it with you.

Because while the Army will always forgive the loss of an aeroplane,  it will never forget the loss of a clock.

(I’m not making this up, that is how things really worked in the RFC).

• Haha 1

Oddly enough I went looking for Be2c pits today for the fun of it. I couldn't find a single one of them with a clock on the panel. :dunno:

Timeless...

*cough*

Hallo,

Sorry that I repeat it (see wish-list), but IMHO this is one argument more for a clock in the HUD, independing on the source for the cockpit-clock. Other arguments are the early aeroplanes without a cockpit-clock (the pilots did wear it) and the nonhistorical digital z-buttom-clock.

@catch: I have reduced the glosses-frame a little bit (7 or 8), so it's easier to read the FPS in the corner.

Greetings!

1 hour ago, Becker04 said:

@catch: I have reduced the glosses-frame a little bit (7 or 8), so it's easier to read the FPS in the corner.

Thanks Becker. I'll give that a shot. So then we can't actually move the "Z" info around the screen to a more suitable position? I seem to recall we could once with something on screen but I can't remember what or if it was the Z stuff? :wheelchair: A long, long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile .... but other things just fade away ....

No the Z key readout can't move. Just switch the view to external for a moment to read it ?

4 hours ago, Becker04 said:

Got mine down to 5... works a treat!

11 hours ago, Mike Dora said:

Whether it works right or not, if you ever have a forced landing never forget to detach the clock and bring it with you.

Because while the Army will always forgive the loss of an aeroplane,  it will never forget the loss of a clock.

(I’m not making this up, that is how things really worked in the RFC).

So true... I once ditched my kite in a very large tree... not only got a roasting from the commanding officer, but the Quartermaster ordered me to go back and climb the bloody tree and retrieve the watch! I mean to say old chap...

26.jpg

To rub salt in the wounds, (I fell out of that tree three times)... The Froggies heard about it and sent me a card claiming they were better at landing in trees than the English... their best pilot (Andre ''tee bo'' Thibault) managed to land in three trees all at once!  Les bastages!

27.jpg

• Haha 1