Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

Training V2.0

I am cold and very wet! Pouring with rain and this Triggers fellow insisted on doing circuits and things before landing. Well. after half an hour I had had enough I can tell you. For a start he seemed to vary his speed so often that it was deucedly difficult to get behind him.

I am so glad I selected pilot never dies because on my first landing attempt although I was lined up perfectly for a great landing my airspeed dropped too much and I would have crashed on the airfield. My second landing was tickety-boo though. 

39 minutes ago, VFC_Baxter said:

this Triggers fellow

GAH ! Please, I was just getting over the experience. The man is a psychopath !

He made you the pilot you are today old chap... rejoice in that  :no:

Ah yes, the good old BBC don't make 'em like that anymore. It would cost too much. And not a [cringe] CGI in sight.

I remember watching this series back in the 70's and looking forward immensely to each weekly episode (Sunday night I think?). These were the days of course before instant gratification and bingeing. A simpler time, but alas, no combat flight simulators. :biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TROOPER117 said:

He made you the pilot you are today old chap... rejoice in that  :no:

What? Nervous, strung out, paranoid and inept. :rofl:  I may get out of this damn war yet. :smile:

Was a superb series, this and Flambards. it was pretty accurate too showing the RFC Struggling  in BE 2's poor buggers didnt stand a chance really. Not the the Quirk was actually a bad aeroplane, just totally unsuited for a combat role .

Yes. Great series! I bought the dvd two series set years ago... both series are available to watch on you tube though for free  :clapping:

Aye, re watching Wings at the moment, it really is very good, even if the BE's are not 2C's and I am unaware of any Avro 504 's in front line service in 1915, however I could of course be wrong on that. 

504's in small numbers went to the front in 1914, plus the RNAS used them to bomb the zeppelin works... In 1917-18, they were converted for Home Defence as night fighters, as well as being used as trainers of course.

It's amazing to think that nearly 9,000 of them were built spanning 20 years!

That Triggers chap just spun in near the airfield! Is he going to rise like the Phoenix from the ashes to have another go at killing me in his training missions I wonder? Very tricky to keep astern of the blighter and at the same distance but I think that is good practice for the way in which the RFC and later the RAF seem to have attacked the enemy. I am sure our formation flying will really frighten the Huns.

Very strange VFC_Baxter,  never seen him do it here. I wonder if something remains from a previous install of UE/ PE? Did  have an old install originally?

Just wondering if engine failures are modeller for the AI, and if that could have happened to Old Triggers!

Edited by rjw

Yes I did have UE and PE and I uninstalled them prior to installing this version. I can check the date on some of the scripts but would not know what to look for.

23 hours ago, VFC_Baxter said:

That Triggers chap just spun in near the airfield!

Oh my. Spot of bad luck what. Damn shame. Deary, deary me. RIP Triggers. 

This should be a feature ....

15 hours ago, rjw said:

Just wondering if engine failures are modeller for the AI, and if that could have happened to Old Triggers!

Yes some crashes would be due to failure, all craft have the possibility of mechanical failures.

They were common in training too.

15 hours ago, VFC_Baxter said:

Yes I did have UE and PE and I uninstalled them prior to installing this version. I can check the date on some of the scripts but would not know what to look for.

Ok, yeah not sure what else it could be maybe strong winds occasionally but as I say I have not seen it happen once.  What Anti Virus?

Edited by Polovski

I just use the windows security and it was turned off! I am thinking probably weather had a hand in it as it was raining etc. I will keep an eye on Triggers and if it happens again will do a reinstall after making sure everything is deleted.

When I started the Navigation phase of my training the labels disappeared. L no longer worked. Also today for a change Triggers actually took off before me which took me by surprise and by the time I got on what should have been his six he had disappeared. So fancying some nice fish and chips I headed down to Southend, only to discover that the pier is missing! Feeling wet (raining again) and grumpy I began the long flight home and arrived safely at Sutton Farm after 57minutes. I was credited with this training but during the flight I had the Loading screen appear and a freeze a few times. I figured out that by hitting alt tab  I could cycle back to my game and it would unfreeze. I am flying in a laptop with dual video cards and the nvidia one is pointing at CFS3 as per the FAQ. 
Anyone else had this experience?