Sign in to follow this  
Bagpipe

QOL request

So as I am new I am no doubt gonna be throwing around a load of suggestions like any over entitled noob should do but I will try to keep them realistic.

First off....volumetric....no erm.....

View switching, particularly between cockpit view and weapon view. When I have my zoom/fov set in my cockpit, I switch to weapon view via my hotas button, but when I switch back again the cockpit view reverts back to the default zoom. Which is a little close for my liking.

So 2 questions really. 

1) Is this quite a simple thing to fix by adjusting some default FOV setting somewhere? OR

2) Would it be possible to code in that when the views switch the sim remembers your previous view setting and reverts back to it when returning from another view?

Thanks

Edited by Bagpipe

34 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

the default zoom. Which is a little close for my liking.

Sooooo this. I think there might be a default zoom setting in the config file. I seem to remember something about it. I always forget to look myself as I only change the zoom once at the start of the mission with trackIR, so it's never been a squeaky enough wheel.

Best with head tracking as the temp zoom in you set usually sticks within reason then.  No we can't change that part currently.

There's a general setting you can edit,  viewui.xml in

C:\Users\<YOUR LOGON NAME>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields

Edit 3rd line down should start

<VirtualCockpitView FovScale="1.0"

Change the 1.0 to something else, try 1.4 or whatever.

Save.

If you use notepad  make sure it’s not saved as a “.txt” file. You would need to set “file type” in Notepad to   *.*    then add the .xml to the end of the file name (for example so it reads viewui.xml) before saving.

I think JJJ's multi-mod had a FOV setting which does this (not sure if it  needs updating for WOFF BH&H II) but that should would still work.

• Thanks 1

While we are on the subject of the cockpit view.  One of my complaints is that I can't seem lean my head out the side of the cockpit for a better view while landing.  Is that controlled by the "LateralLimit" setting on the same line?  I'll probably try it anyway.

Don't know you could always edit one and see. Trackir lets you do lean to some extent, but extreme leaning or moving from the normal position you could see anomalies. 

I just have to ask ... what does QOL stand for in this heading? Having worked in Health for many years to me it will always be Quality of Life.

7 hours ago, Polovski said:

Don't know you could always edit one and see. Trackir lets you do lean to some extent, but extreme leaning or moving from the normal position you could see anomalies. 

Didn't seem to work.  I hadn't thought about my TrackIR setup getting in the way though.  I'll keep trying.

23 hours ago, mandrews_2 said:

Didn't seem to work.  I hadn't thought about my TrackIR setup getting in the way though.  I'll keep trying.

OK so LateralLimit will allow your head to move outside the cockpit side; but there is an interaction with TrackIR that I'm still trying to figure out.  With TrackIR disabled, I can Ctrl-Shift-Backspace past the cockpit edge; but trying to rotate your head (shift-right/left/up/down) to say look down, it snaps you back to the cockpit center.  With TrackIR enabled, the sim/trackIR won't allow movement past the cockpit edge.  I'm going to keep trying; but it appears a quick F4 (my current workaround) will be staying in my bag of tricks.

OK forgot to turn off fixed views without TrackIR.  Hitting Scroll Lock and the rotations work as I was expecting (not snap back to cockpit center).  It's late, it's obvious I'm not thinking clearly, I'm going to bed.

On 9. 5. 2021 at 3:45 PM, Polovski said:

...I think JJJ's multi-mod had a FOV setting which does this (not sure if it  needs updating for WOFF BH&H II) but that should would still work.

Thx Pol for mentioning it. Yes, It seems that multimod works with WOFF BH&H II well. At least the view and color settings .

Cheers

Jara4 aka JJJ64

Edited by Jara4
  • Like 1

@Jara, from what I've been able to test, your excellent MultiMod works fully with BH&H II - including the wind/turbulence settings.

The only setting that does not honor user selection choice in it is the Orbyx fuel mod. - that one is always, automatically selected - maybe incorporated into BHII (?) and therefore always "on" in the MultiMod. Other settings work just fine. Thank you again for that excellent MultiMod JJJ.

Also, I have a question regarding the MultiMod JJJ - again, this is merely theoretical - no need to pursue the idea if unmanageable - but would it be possible to implement FM mods. via the MultiMod? - in the sense that the Java code would enable, for example, one set of FM info., per aicraft, to be applied at once to all 11 xfm files that exist per aircraft - making the entire operation more efficient than updating everything via individual xfm file manually, and then packaging in JSGME.

(This would allow for only the FM-relevant info. to be applied via the MultiMod, for example, so that FM-upgrades remain more future-proof, since sections that do change in the xfm files across WOFF updates, such as scrape points, etc., would not be impacted by the FM-via-MultiMod approach.)

I look forward to your thoughts on this (which you are welcome to PM to me if you prefer not to post your response).

Cheers all and happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Added info./edited post.
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:45 PM, Polovski said:

Best with head tracking as the temp zoom in you set usually sticks within reason then.  No we can't change that part currently.

There's a general setting you can edit,  viewui.xml in

C:\Users\<YOUR LOGON NAME>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields

Edit 3rd line down should start

<VirtualCockpitView FovScale="1.0"

Change the 1.0 to something else, try 1.4 or whatever.

Save.

If you use notepad  make sure it’s not saved as a “.txt” file. You would need to set “file type” in Notepad to   *.*    then add the .xml to the end of the file name (for example so it reads viewui.xml) before saving.

I think JJJ's multi-mod had a FOV setting which does this (not sure if it  needs updating for WOFF BH&H II) but that should would still work.

Thanks Pol, I usually would use Notepad++ so no worries there.

I will look into this multi mod too!

@VonS - glad you like the MultiMod and thx for testing - I will remove the fuel mod from next  MultiMod release since it is already included in WOFF PE and BHaHII.

Regarding to your FM mods - can you, pls, send me an example of one AC type and list of values you want to change/mod? I will look into it and try to find the best (read easiest) modding mechanism via Java.

Jara (JJJ65)

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your reply JJJ - I will PM you some examples so that you may see if it is feasible to implement FM mods via the MultiMod.

Cheers,

Von S :smile:

On 09/05/2021 at 4:51 PM, VFC_Baxter said:

I just have to ask ... what does QOL stand for in this heading? Having worked in Health for many years to me it will always be Quality of Life.

I'm assuming QoL means Quality of Life...lol I recently retired from being a healthcare professional so I'm seeing it the same as you.  Cheers,

Kind regards,

Dave

On 5/13/2021 at 11:46 PM, Baldric said:

I'm assuming QoL means Quality of Life...lol I recently retired from being a healthcare professional so I'm seeing it the same as you.  Cheers,

Kind regards,

Dave

Yeah QoL - quality of life. It's used in many industries to be honest but will obviously mean grossly different things. The healthcare industry meaning being quite literal!

• Like 1