Jara4

WOFF BH&HII Mission Editor

First edition of BH&HII Misison Editor released, download available here [link removed]
Be aware, pls, that some functions (compared to WOFF PE version) can be disabled or not yet available (e.g. Populated airfieldsmod, Debriefing mode). In case you find any bugs, let me know, pls.
Enjoy!
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jara4 said:
First edition of BH&HII Misison Editor released, download available here
Be aware, pls, that some functions (compared to WOFF PE version) can be disabled or not yet available (e.g. Populated airfieldsmod, Debriefing mode). In case you find any bugs, let me know, pls.
Enjoy!

cant access file. "violation of terms of service" 

@Erik

Thanks for hint.  Uploaded.

Just a quick note that I'm getting the following warning from WinDefender when I download the BH&H2 mission ed. from the alternative link above, also from the downloads sections here on CombatAce:

Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml

Defender then proceeds to trash/delete the file - so no worries from my end but wanted to give a heads up. Is it perhaps the same false error that was present in earlier versions of the mission ed., since it contains an exe/shortcut to the main JAR file - and is showing up as a backdoor thingy in Defender?

(I have Defender on "high settings" by the way, not default - which I set via a little program called "ConfigureDefender.")

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 1

@jara27 The file was infected with malware and has been removed. Please scan your system you may have been infected and the trojan is attaching itself to everything you distribute trying to infect other machines.

If you downloaded this executable please download, install, then scan with MalwareBytes  Antivirus to remove the infection. Free antivirus can be found here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

@Erik,

that is false positive warning, because the rar archive contains executable file calling Windows command prompt.

All my files are tested by Avast AV, BTW.

6 hours ago, VonS said:

Just a quick note that I'm getting the following warning from WinDefender when I download the BH&H2 mission ed. from the alternative link above, also from the downloads sections here on CombatAce:

Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml

Defender then proceeds to trash/delete the file - so no worries from my end but wanted to give a heads up. Is it perhaps the same false error that was present in earlier versions of the mission ed., since it contains an exe/shortcut to the main JAR file - and is showing up as a backdoor thingy in Defender?

(I have Defender on "high settings" by the way, not default - which I set via a little program called "ConfigureDefender.")

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

It is exactly as VonS stated. No worries, it is false positive warning. If you feel uneasy, you can delete *.exe file(s) and run MissionEditor.jar file directly.

WOFF BH&HII Misison Editor 1.0 available HERE.

8 hours ago, Jara4 said:

@Erik,

that is false positive warning, because the rar archive contains executable file calling Windows command prompt.

All my files are tested by Avast AV, BTW.

The file server scans everything that is uploaded to protect downloaders. The heuristic match shows nothing about a windows command prompt being called, it specifically calls this infection a trojan payload. We've scanned thousands upon thousands of executable files that call cmd.exe to distribute files with no issue. Not sure why yours would be any different. 

"Clean" (Java application w/o windows executable files) WOFF BH&HII Misision Editor 1.0 available HERE and/or HERE.

Edited by Jara4

On 5/17/2021 at 11:21 AM, Jara4 said:

"Clean" (Java application w/o windows executable files) WOFF BH&HII Misision Editor 1.0 available HERE and/or HERE.

Thanks Jara.  I prefer to download the "clean" version but that means I will no longer be able to directly access the .exe file from the taskbar (in Win 10).  Is there any way to pin the .jar file to the taskbar or start menu?  I think that the answer must be no.

My alternate plan is to pin the ME folder to "quick access" in file explorer, which is on my taskbar.

The answer is simple - you must use the "exe" version. That is why I have created this version. Just for your information - the exe executable is the same as for WOFF UE Mission Editor, i.e. w/o any malware.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:21 AM, Jara4 said:

I downloaded and installed from the first link in your post.  While setting the mission up in ME it gives me the option of apply/skip for six different options of the BT & FPS improvement mod (high quality, quality, balanced, etc.).  I also have the WOFF PE Scenery Improvement mod installed via JSGME.  It contains four options (balanced, quality, high quality, and very high quality).

These are the same thing, aren't they?

If yes, should I:

1 - remove the scenery improvement mod from JSGME and apply one of the BT & FPS options offered in ME?

2 - continue to use the JSGME scenery improvement mod and skip the BT & FPS option in ME?

Edited by hoongadoonga

Yes, they should be the same. You can disable the scenery improvements mod in JSGME and use the mod included in ME - select option that fit you best.

56 minutes ago, Jara4 said:

The answer is simple - you must use the "exe" version. That is why I have created this version. Just for your information - the exe executable is the same as for WOFF UE Mission Editor, i.e. w/o any malware.

Yes, I agree that it doesn't contain malware.  However, it's easier to download the "clean" version since you don't have to fight windows through the process.

And my alternate "quick access" file explorer method takes only two more clicks than going straight to the .exe file on the taskbar.