Does anyone have these decals already made (HiRes) please (the ones encircled with RED)? I need them for a skin I make for YAK-130 It will spare me the trouble to search for them or build them from scratch. Thank you in advance.

decals01.jpg

Edited by UllyB

If you have it with higher res, i think you can just cut them out with Paint 3D, then turn them into TGA. I did so with a Cobra for the Aussie Sabres before i noticed there was one already by Paulo Panz, but it was quite easy to get it working compared to, say, making one from scratch or waiting for someone with one to read this. 

This is 15 minutes work to get to a higher resolution, if you simply redraw it. These are just some lines...and your template has good quality already. :dntknw:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, macelena said:

If you have it with higher res, i think you can just cut them out with Paint 3D, then turn them into TGA. I did so with a Cobra for the Aussie Sabres before i noticed there was one already by Paulo Panz, but it was quite easy to get it working compared to, say, making one from scratch or waiting for someone with one to read this. 

I understand, but, unfortunately, I don't have them in HiRes. The screenshot above is low quality at best.

21 minutes ago, Nyghtfall said:

This is 15 minutes work to get to a higher resolution, if you simply redraw it. These are just some lines...and your template has good quality already. :dntknw:

If you want them in HiRes it's not that easy, at least for me. They are not just a couple of lines, they have a thin curve, there is a proportion to be respected there etc. I want them to look like original not just some lines draw by a person who has a shaky handwriting :)

If nobody has the decal, then I will take time to make a quality one.

Edited by UllyB

Which aircraft did it come from? Test, demonstrator or something?

if i were tackling this, i would throw a blank layer on top, them scale the image (not layer) 200-300 percent

trace the shape and use color picker to get that down. keep pressing shift while working the pen/pencil/brush/ whatever you use and just make the curves a large series of small straight lines. do the curves esp zoomed in at least 200% if not more

the Cryllic word is only slightly trickier, quick google search for an image with it (in the proper font and style) or playing with Word or something similar. PS and GIMP will use teh same fonts you have in your preferred docx program, but looking it up in word first keeps GIMP from crashing (well, at least several years and versions ago, just habit for me now)

i understand wanting a ready made copy. but as scratch makes go that one seems really straight forward

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

if i were tackling this, i would throw a blank layer on top, them scale the image (not layer) 200-300 percent

trace the shape and use color picker to get that down. keep pressing shift while working the pen/pencil/brush/ whatever you use and just make the curves a large series of small straight lines. do the curves esp zoomed in at least 200% if not more

the Cryllic word is only slightly trickier, quick google search for an image with it (in the proper font and style) or playing with Word or something similar. PS and GIMP will use teh same fonts you have in your preferred docx program, but looking it up in word first keeps GIMP from crashing (well, at least several years and versions ago, just habit for me now)

i understand wanting a ready made copy. but as scratch makes go that one seems really straight forward

Thanks for the expertise. I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

I did one from scratch.

skin.jpg

• Like 5

Question ... and this design did you already decal? because I had it in mind to do it but if it is ready it is not necessary to do it again

60a44913b2998_yak-130numerales.png.dabd53813f24cb8e458236e413f4dad7.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, PeacePuma said:

Question ... and this design did you already decal? because I had it in mind to do it but if it is ready it is not necessary to do it again

No I didn't. The main job is the skin and those special decals. Numbers decal types, well, as you know, sometimes it's just a matter of taste for anyone. If you wanna do them, by all means, please do them. They will be a great addition to the cause.

Edited by UllyB

3 minutes ago, UllyB said:

No, no lo hice. El trabajo principal es la piel y esas calcas especiales. Números de tipos de calcomanías, bueno, como ya sabes, a veces es solo cuestión de gustos para cualquiera. Si quieres hacerlos, por favor, hazlos. Serán una gran adición a la causa.

image.thumb.png.2013e0f5b6c136ba46d9b0aa08cc74d1.png

:good:

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 3:00 AM, PeacePuma said:

image.thumb.png.2013e0f5b6c136ba46d9b0aa08cc74d1.png

:good:

How are those number decals coming along ?

Hello if they are ready ..... due to the work routine I have not seen them as they were in the model, I review them and I send them to you

• Like 1

alright, whenever you're ready. :). Thanks.