Hi guys, could anyone help confirm the way 2AR rack type is used? When looking at a 2AR type rack in the weapons editor, the rack type entry says 2AR (ARM).

I know that 2AR racks are used on the Hornet/Super Hornet to load 2 AIM-120 on a single pylon, so I know 2AR is good for AHM weapon type, but the editor says ARM, not AHM.

So I was hoping the 2AR racks could be used both for AHM and for ARM weapon type.

So far I have been unable to make ARM appear on a 2AR rack and I wonder if I am doing something wrong, or just the entry in the weapons editor is misleading.

Perhaps 2AR (ARM) stands for 2AR (Active Radar Missile) as opposed to 2AR (Anti Radiation Missile).

Quite confusing if that is really the case, should have been 2AR (AHM) instead of 2AR (ARM).

P.S. I cannot recall ever seeing ARM loaded on dual racks in real life (size, weight limitations I guess), but for my purposes that does not matter.

I took a look to my single 2AR rack and I  confirm what Svetlin said. My guess is that , when it was made, the author had in mind for ARM the "translation".... active radar missile in mind and after that, being in the beginning of the SF1 game series, the story was forgotten. In this hypothesis even AR make sense, the name of the rack (active radar). But I might be wrong.

Edited by UllyB

Interesting. Nice going Nyghtfall!

Thanks a lot, guys. I did not look as far back as SFP1 days. Well that clarifies things and unfortunately I have to look for a different solution.

the Hun also carried doubles

np1.jpg

Hi Veltro2K, I know about dual IRM rails - there are plenty examples, even the A-10 uses a dual rail for AIM-9.

My question was about dual rail/adapter for ARM missiles, such as Shrike, HARM, etc.

Now I already know the game does not support such a rack type.

Thanks for the attention though.

4 hours ago, Svetlin said:

Hi Veltro2K, I know about dual IRM rails - there are plenty examples, even the A-10 uses a dual rail for AIM-9.

My question was about dual rail/adapter for ARM missiles, such as Shrike, HARM, etc.

Now I already know the game does not support such a rack type.

Thanks for the attention though.

if you want 4 ARM missile loaded, just make sure you have at least two hardpoints for each wing and just make the trick with two separate virtual hardpoints for ARM only. That's I would do. But if you want that just because you want a new shinny ARM rack, well...only TK can help you :)

Edited by UllyB

Thanks, but no, I was looking for something completely different.

Theres a work-around
Take your rack, make it a new weapon but set it up as a Rocket pod.
Load the "pod" with 2 AGM-45 or whatever type/quantity you want.
AI-flight can handle the ARM-pods too, Ive used them on F-105/A-6 in SF2V.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Crusader, I will give it a try.