I am thinking of making the TOR-M1 and I wad wondering if I can make the missile fire vertical? 

_110590147_iran_missile_launcher_inf640-

• Like 4

potentially ignorant comment but....

i think there is either ships that feature vertical launch systems or at least some threads in the early days of hte SF2 records that talk about them

if possible on a ship, dont know why it wouldnt be possible on a mobile sam

• Like 1

That will great I would like to know which ship is that so I can study the data file.

There is TOR system mod for SF1, and also S-300 mod for both SF1 nd SF-2. You can study their data files. The trik is simple: you put the missile to the appropriate place of the launcher in normal horisontal position, and then define in data file its minimum and maximum angle as 90 degrees (or -90). The problem is in real life missiles of this systems, after the launch make sharp turn toward the selected target and, as i know, this is impossible to be realised with the existing thirdwire engine:(

• Like 1

There is another possibility, to put missile on the fiction rail somewhere above the launcher, and show it on data file like “invisible” before the launch. In this case it will work more realistic:))))))

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GKABS said:

That will great I would like to know which ship is that so I can study the data file.

Ask AngelP, he know a lot about ship data and SAMs as well, I'm sure he will be able to help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farid said:

There is another possibility, to put missile on the fiction rail somewhere above the launcher, and show it on data file like “invisible” before the launch. In this case it will work more realistic:))))))

This is worth trying, if nothing else will work. :wink:

8 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Ask AngelP, he know a lot about ship data and SAMs as well, I'm sure he will be able to help.

Yes indeed I will try ask him. :good:

I think the critical values for the vertical launch are seeker FOV and seeker gimbal limit. There are already two available SF2 versions for SA-15, the one posted by Farid and the one included in SF2 SAM pack. I have tested long time ago the SAM pack version and if I remember coorect, the missile's launch was the standard one. Drop me a pm if interested in some testing.

• Like 1

yes it is totally possible

We did it long time ago.

You need to make sure the missile have an appropriate Loft Height and the Gimble Limit. 

Edited by orsin

2 hours ago, GKABS said:

This is worth trying, if nothing else will work. :wink:

Yes indeed I will try ask him. :good:

No this is unnecessary. The can be launched vertically without problem.

• Like 1

Okay, that is really good news I will add the TOR-M1 to my do list until I complete the model I will get back to you all for help.  Thanks, Gentlemen. :ty:

• Like 1

as all previous guys said. It is possible. Has been done a few times already.  

I did that Tor for my Eastern Ground Objects Bonanza...but currently, I need to focus on other things so the whole pack is in stasis.

11 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

as all previous guys said. It is possible. Has been done a few times already.  

I did that Tor for my Eastern Ground Objects Bonanza...but currently, I need to focus on other things so the whole pack is in stasis.

if you need me to complet the job,  just let me know and I will work on your model ;)

Edited by GKABS