alexis99

AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll..... Shoot list

Is this DLL the only thing you need to enable an aircraft to create a shootlist  and fire four missiles at 4 targets simultaneously?

The F/A-18E Superhornet has had it successfully implemented, so I tried the dll with the EF2000 Eurofighter, but the firing sequence numbers are not listed on the radar. So I'm guessing I need something more than the dll.

Yes, I've just checked again. The F-14.dll is enough to enable you to target 4 aircraft and launch four AMRAAMS, with a guaranteed kill. But there are no listed numbers, which is no biggie, if you can count ;-)

The Super Hornets came out before SF2:NA so aren't setup for it. And isn't in the works to be implemented as Brain32 hasn't responded to my PM yet regarding Block III cockpits and such.

Also if it has to be the dll only then it probably won't be implemented due to what people have, I.e. I really don't want it to be NA specific. If it can be implemented without completely requiring NA then no problem (it functions normally but if NA is installed it shows the numbers for multiple missiles at one time)

Edited by EricJ

Multiple targets to fire at in SF2 ?? I wasn't aware of that. Could anyone please explain to me how does that exactly work ? How do you do that ?

Also how does that work for F/A -18s ?

Edited by UllyB

By default its not implemented, it uses the Avionics70.dll so you can engage one target at a time. If you change the dll to AvionicsF14A.dll you can engage multiple targets at one time. All you need to do is change the line in the main ini, such as the FA-18A.ini, and so on.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure... but if we use the AvionicsF14A.dll we lost air to ground functions... :dntknw:

Edited by Coupi
  • Thanks 1

I don't know as I never tried it.

the F14 avionics is ONLY A-A. You'll lose everything else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so on the Super Hornets then I won't make it mandatory given the multi-role nature.

So it's not such a hit after all. It sounded great in the beginning, but if it's just A-A only, I better stay out of it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EricJ said:

Thanks so on the Super Hornets then I won't make it mandatory given the multi-role nature.

Didn't you set it up as a choice? I thought you had put the F-14DLL in. But maybe you just had it there but scored it out, and then I activated it.

In Superhornet you actually get the missile numbers showing, so there must be something else there, beyond the DLL, that enables that feature. And it can't be NA, because I'm flying in NA.

Anyway, what I have done is enabled the F-14 dll in Superhornet Block II for AA missions, and not enabled it in Superhornet BLK I, which I use for ground attack.

Edited by alexis99
more information

2 minutes ago, alexis99 said:

Didn't you set it up as a choice? I thought you had put the F-14DLL in. But maybe you just had it there but scored it out, and then I activated it.

In Superhornet you actually get the missile numbers showing, so there must be something else there, beyond the DLL, that enables that feature.

Anyway, what I have done is enabled the F-14 dll in Superhornet Block II for AA missions, and not enabled it in Superhornet BLK I, which I use for ground attack.

Yeah I did but I will fix that next update I think, maybe

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UllyB said:

So it's not such a hit after all. It sounded great in the beginning, but if it's just A-A only, I better stay out of it.

It is a hit. What you don't get is the ground radar. But you can still do AG missions.

It's perfect for the F-22 which is primarily an AA aircraft, but if required to do AG, it is normally loaded with JDAMs. So you really don't need ground radar. Just the map.

But what does ıt mean multıple targets at once? Does ıt apply only to semı actıve mıssıles? For example ın the EF2000 I should be able to launch a salvo of amramm just by swıtchıng theır targets

Sorry for late reply. The answer is YES. It works for AMRAAMs.

Using the F14a.dll allows you to create a Shootlist in any modern aircraft carrying AMRAAMs or Phoenix

It is really useful when you have a cluster of enemy aircraft on the radar that you can't separate out individually

1.Call up your AMRAAM

2. Select your first target on the radar, and acquire it.

3. Move the cursor to the next target and acquire it.

4. Acquire four targets this way and you have created a Shootlist

5. Press the missile fire button four times in succession.

On the F-14 radar, you get four numbers relating to the missiles that you have targeted. That's the bit I can't get on other aircraft.

I tried with six Phoenix, but either got duds or they don't function as successfully as four.

I returned to this on the EF2000.

With 6 AMRAAMS of the same type, I was able to kill 6 targets in one volley.

With 8 AMRAAMS, I was able to kill 8 targets. Either with them all targeted at once, or the first four targeted and then after launch,  the second four targeted. 

What is the benefit? Well, in the EF2000 if you target an enemy aircraft, the radar switches to TWS, you launch the AMRAAM, then you cancel the target and have to wait whilst the radar resets to search mode. Then you select a target and usually find it's the one you already targeted. So you cancel the target, rinse and repeat. By the time you get to trying to find the fourth target, the little cluster of icons on your radar screen all look alike and seem inseparable. 

The no ground radar is not a real problem. It's taken me years to realise that I don't need ground radar. (Mind you, comes in handy in Vietnam when you're looking for a clean route home).

What I do need is a TV screen for Paveway delivery, and that's still there.

So the real benefit is when you're flying a Paveway strike mission in Iraq, and you get jumped by four ageing Phantoms with their amazing long-range missiles. The old way, you'd be fumbling to separate out and mark the targets, and be lucky if you didn't get his missile in your face. Now, you just use the shoot list and send them to hell. Then you can go do the Paveway mission uninterrupted.

Usually I don't bother with the shoot list, since it tends to group to one target but I think the F-14A.dll allows A2G. I currently have it selected on my Super Hornet and have had no issues with A2G missiles that use the targeting pod. So I'm keeping it loaded just in case if I want to shoot multiple missiles at once.