So i tried to replace a MirageIIIEL accelerometer with an RWR, copied from Piecemeal's Shahak_71 mod, itself inspired by Ravenclaw's Hunter 58. However, while i carefully copypasted all the stuff I could see related to the issue, i can't get the vectors to light up, only having the bmp replace the gauge. Audio warning works fine. I would be very grateful if somebody could spare the time to take a look at what I have so far and find the problem.

I used a MirageIIIEL cockpit with dtmdragon's gunsight fix and started editing from there. 

MIRAGE3E_AVIONICS.INI

MIRAGE3E_COCKPIT.INI

MIRAGE_IIIO_SIGHT_FIXED.TGA

MIRAGE_IIIO_SIGHT_MOVING.TGA

Mirage3_RWR.BMP

Ive put a old SFP1-style RWR on the MIII pit clock face :ninja:
Looking in your inis...
find the accelerometer texture name and set it as the RWR texture name in the avionics ini
Rename your RWR texture accordingly
Pit ini RWR entry is OK

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crusader said:

Ive put a old SFP1-style RWR on the MIII pit clock face :ninja:
Looking in your inis...
find the accelerometer texture name and set it as the RWR texture name in the avionics ini
Rename your RWR texture accordingly
Pit ini RWR entry is OK

Thanks a lot! Trying right now

Edit: No joy so far. Got the vector TGAs from the flight files into the cockpit folder, just for good measure, and I'm pretty sure i got it right, tried it with both BMP and JPG. 

Edited by macelena

22 hours ago, macelena said:

So i tried to replace a MirageIIIEL accelerometer with an RWR, copied from Piecemeal's Shahak_71 mod, itself inspired by Ravenclaw's Hunter 58. However, while i carefully copypasted all the stuff I could see related to the issue, i can't get the vectors to light up, only having the bmp replace the gauge. Audio warning works fine. I would be very grateful if somebody could spare the time to take a look at what I have so far and find the problem.

I used a MirageIIIEL cockpit with dtmdragon's gunsight fix and started editing from there.

So, to have a working RWR to an aircraft cockpit that misses exactly that you need to do this:

- find a convenient board instrument to be replaced by your RWR

- you must modify in cockpit.ini the lines for that change I mentioned above.

- in avionics.ini, just copy a modern aircraft RWR section (not the audio one only). if you want to be historical accurate, replace from an old F-4. Pay attention what AvionicsXX.dll that aircraft uses also.

Edited by UllyB
  • Thanks 1

only if you want the visible gauge. otherwise, you can have the simple "audio only" that just beeps when scanned, and goes to a higher PRF when you're locked up.

And you should probably use the vector type; i don't know of any real aircraft that use the SF1 style "3 ring" (although there probably were ....)

===

when I added the RWR to the F-104G cockpit, I just told the cockpit ini to use the secondary ADI face... now if I can just find which mods folder HAS that modded one .... 

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 10:01 PM, macelena said:

Thanks a lot! Trying right now

Edit: No joy so far. Got the vector TGAs from the flight files into the cockpit folder, just for good measure, and I'm pretty sure i got it right, tried it with both BMP and JPG. 

Data ini - make sure that the DetectSystem section has the line
HasRWR=TRUE
And the Freq min/Max values for your rwr
I moved your inis (renamed) into the IIIEL, made the changes to the RWR texture like described in my other post, and modified the DetectSystem.
Result is a complete RWR.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Data ini - make sure that the DetectSystem section has the line
HasRWR=TRUE
And the Freq min/Max values for your rwr
I moved your inis (renamed) into the IIIEL, made the changes to the RWR texture like described in my other post, and modified the DetectSystem.
Result is a complete RWR.

That's what did it! I wanted to do it to update a fix i did to the DLC Arab Mirages, as i had only been able to give them audio RWR, but i was trying it on the MirageIIIO and EL, neither of which had any RWR at all in-game.

Thanks a lot everybody