Who may ever is so kind to shine some light on this topic. :smile: Since i did not succeed using the search function i am gonna place my request over here. Is there a way to edit the  Air Victory Kills Decals i know that under LOADOUT (Individual Markings) there are Numbers for instance like 259 ******** and Stars, the Stars which stand for Air Victory Kills. My Question: Is there a way to edit those kills that they can be placed on any aircraft? Any help is much appreciated.:ty:

IAF DECAL AIR KILLS .jpg

Loadout.jpg

The decals have nothing to do with the loadout.

On the stock aircrafts it is used by default, but to show up, you must have at least one A2A victory. ;-)

They will be placed via decals.ini of the selected skin on the aircraft.

the decals.ini file can be opened with the editor.

They can placed on every aircraft by editing the decals.ini.

And yes they can be edited / new ones created

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 2

Wow ! ! ! :clapping:Your reply was as fast as Mach 2  :pilotfly:Thanks a lot gonna try it out soon as time permits...

Default ones are named KILLXXX.tga and KILLAXXX.tga and are stored in Objectdata005.cat

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flamesky said:

Numbers for instance like 259 ******** and Stars, the Stars which stand for Air Victory Kills

True. And in this particular Shahak pack, it was my intention to have it that way. 

And I spend a shitload of time researching the matter. To achieve historical accuracy as much as possible, for the unit and time period.

• Like 2

Hi

In the "decals.ini" file, in each skin folder when decals are used, there' s a difference between :

DecalLevel=2

the decal is linked by its name in the decal folder to one aircraft by the "numbers" file, numbered from 000 to n-1 (000 to 025 if 26 numbers in total), no matter how many kills you have.

and :

DecalLevel=3

that will activate the kill decal corresponding to the aerial victory number recorded in the pilot.plt file, and will be shown on every aircraft selected in game by the player as long as there's is a proper "DecalLevel=3" part in the decals.ini file.

DecalLevel=0 decal always displayed
DecalLevel=1 linked to the squadron.ini list and decals must be named consequently.

Edited by Cliff7600

What should i say Guys your simply great :clapping:thanks a lot for the prompt feedback it's very much appreciated gonna try it out soon as time permits.

Edited by Flamesky

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

True. And in this particular Shahak pack, it was my intention to have it that way. 

And I spend a shitload of time researching the matter. To achieve historical accuracy as much as possible, for the unit and time period.

I can imagine how much research must have gone into this project getting all those historical facts together...:ok: 

Can we NOT use bold face type??? Please?

The kill markings are not linked to any particular aircraft. They are linked to YOU, The Player (tm), by your pilot record. They will show up on anything you fly.

As Cliff said, they're location and use is set by the DecalLevel=3 in the decals ini. All stock player flyable aircraft have this already set up.

Thanks for the info about the kill markings. And i didn't knew about not using any bold lettering since it's an option available to use in the menubar. Just curious but shouldn't it, in this case, be disabled to prevent any further use of it like members running into it not knowing about it?

it's an option available to use in the menubar

How about just not clicking on it??? Remember BOLD is shouting, and is considered rude. When it's used, it should only be for emphasis (sp?) of a point, or to draw attention to that point. Thanks!! Have Fun!! :drinks:

46 minutes ago, Wrench said:

How about just not clicking on it??? Remember BOLD is shouting, and is considered rude. When it's used, it should only be for emphasis (sp?) of a point, or to draw attention to that point. Thanks!! Have Fun!! :drinks:

Flamesky, your very first post in this thread had a reasonably acceptable use of bold letters. its the others that were all bold that were off and seemed rude.

also, did the Israelis put kill markings on during the wars? would seem an intel giveaway although that might be looking at it from a current prism (the Super Hornet that shot down a Sukhoi over Syria last year didnt get a kill mark until after the cruise iirc). but the IDFAF has always practiced OPSEC and deception as much as airmanship and aiming so i wonder if they would have it on during operations

9 hours ago, Wrench said:

Thanks for shining some light on the topic. To clarify! Maybe one has to also consider in which context the use of bold letters was used. It was not by any means my intention to appear rude it was thought to express and underline my very thanks to the guys who answered on the spot. :ty:

Edited by Flamesky
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

Flamesky, your very first post in this thread had a reasonably acceptable use of bold letters. its the others that were all bold that were off and seemed rude.

also, did the Israelis put kill markings on during the wars? would seem an intel giveaway although that might be looking at it from a current prism (the Super Hornet that shot down a Sukhoi over Syria last year didnt get a kill mark until after the cruise iirc). but the IDFAF has always practiced OPSEC and deception as much as airmanship and aiming so i wonder if they would have it on during operations

also, did the Israelis put kill markings on during the wars?  That's a good question (daddyairplanes) which i can't really answer 100% but i assume it must have been looking at the Photo which shows Brig - General 
Mordechai Hod  foto taken on the June 10th 1967 whit an Air Kill. I guess during the 60ths and 70ths it was an act of being proud of showing the enemy kills in defending one's homeland which is understandable. 
Maybe it was also an act to scare off the enemy just assuming. Please correct me if i am wrong i read that the USAF marked their kills like Air Ace Col. Robin Olds flying the F-4C Phantom with a red star and this 
was during the Vietnam war and not during being off duty. Since i read that Baron Manfred von Richthofen WW1 Ace 82kills was asked by his supreme command to paint the planes of his fighter Squadron also kown 
as Flying Cirus useing camelfalouge. Richthofen replyed no the enemy should see when we attack we dont have to hide. Ok the cirumstances where different being WW1 but i think the basic idea behind is scare off 
your enemy and be pround of your kills. Fotos from L: to R: Brig - General Mordechai Hod, Brig - General  Giora Even-Epstein "Hawkeye," with his Mirage IIIC and in his F-16 finally 17 Air Kills.During his eventful visit 
to the US in 1998, Brig - General  Giora Even-Epstein "Hawkeye," meeting the Blue Angels beside one of the teams F/A -18 Hornets after watching their home-base air show demonstration. (IAF) Duke took me on a 
visit to TOPGUN and I got to meet with the pilots there. The meeting was planned to last just 30 minuntes, but I ended up sitting with them for three hours. They peppered me with questions about my dogfights....

Mordechai “Mottie” Hod was the Commander of the Israeli Air Force.jpg

IAF ACE DECAL AIR KILLS .jpg

IAF General Giora Hawkeye Epstein (2).jpg

Giora Even-Epstein Blue Angels.jpg

• Like 2