Sign in to follow this  
Kirby2012

American North West for SF2

yes and no. we have an "American Northwest" terrain, but it's not representative of the actual Pacific Northwest. Alaska (Bering Straits) is the closest we have

38 minutes ago, Wrench said:

yes and no. we have an "American Northwest" terrain, but it's not representative of the actual Pacific Northwest. Alaska (Bering Straits) is the closest we have

Omar Bradly actually made that mistake. At one point in his carer when asked where he would like to be stationed he said in the Northwest thinking Pacific Northwest and instead got sent to Montana.

• Haha 1

A  full west coast terrain, and Eastern an  seaboard terrain  have been on my wish list since the advent of SF2NA .  Been away from SF2 for the past year :(  Sadly I have little free time to sim these days.  

• Like 2

sorry to hear youre not able to sim and mod, but good to hear from you

somewhere around here i have an American North East map. had is since the early 2000s , but can't remember where it is. 

If you think about it, such maps (included the Texas/Mexico American South west, CenUS, ANW) really aren't worth a damn outside of "The Wingman" or "Red Dawn" type scenarios * . AKA: Occupied America. Unfortunately, we don't have H-Bomb crater tiles (although they might be easily made)

(* guess we can add "Man in the High Castle" to that as well)

east-am.jpg

• Like 4

sure they are.  more realistic (and scaled down opfor) versions of the range terrains. but this time with NYC!

theres training ranges and military operating areas all over the country. ok, not as much in the northeasten part, but in the midwestern part and Carolinas there sure are (eyeballing your map there)

hell, i just watch 4 Strike Eagles from Seymour Johnson go over my house today. them and Ospreys out of New River are fairly regular visitors. it would be nice fly out of those bases (and more!) in game.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, Wrench said:

somewhere around here i have an American North East map. had is since the early 2000s , but can't remember where it is. 

If you think about it, such maps (included the Texas/Mexico American South west, CenUS, ANW) really aren't worth a damn outside of "The Wingman" or "Red Dawn" type scenarios * . AKA: Occupied America. Unfortunately, we don't have H-Bomb crater tiles (although they might be easily made)

(* guess we can add "Man in the High Castle" to that as well)

east-am.jpg

Very nice :) I am becoming a bigger fan of what if scenarios.   With the advent  SF2NA adding opposing  naval fleet operations and off map bomber bases this is making a lot more sense.   The idea of defending the homeland appeals to me.  

On 6/2/2021 at 5:15 PM, daddyairplanes said:

sure they are.  more realistic (and scaled down opfor) versions of the range terrains. but this time with NYC!

theres training ranges and military operating areas all over the country. ok, not as much in the northeasten part, but in the midwestern part and Carolinas there sure are (eyeballing your map there)

hell, i just watch 4 Strike Eagles from Seymour Johnson go over my house today. them and Ospreys out of New River are fairly regular visitors. it would be nice fly out of those bases (and more!) in game.

I'm with ya...The idea of flying missions over a realistic map of NYC is awesome.