Sign in to follow this  
GKABS

Pantsir S1 missile system (SA-22 Greyhound)

Pantsir S1 missile system (SA-22 Greyhound)

Hello and thank you for downloading my work.
https://gkabs.net

What's included:
SA-22 Greyhound / Pantsir-S1  model and 4 textures.

All my files should include the Strike Fighters 2 Series game file (.LOD) and the texture required. (tested and work only for SF2)

Installation:

Copy files to their proper folder

If you need any further help please read the Knowledge Base at:

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

LICENSE:

You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2. For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
gkabs@gkabs.net

Credit goes to the following:

Third Wire for making this outstanding game.

Michael Weinert for the model and the textures.

guuruu for fixing my data files and testing the model and making the missile hit the target as it should.

compufat for the missile /model textures

Me for compiling the textures and the data files.

Google for some photos and information.

And finally not to forget the wonderful site of https://combatace.com and all the nice members and their dedicated support for this game.

Software used:

3d Max 2009
UVLayout v2 Pro
Substance Painter
Adobe Photoshop

If you need any assistance please contact me at 
gkabs@gkabs.net

PS. I forgot to upload these two photos for the winter texture.

img00019.JPG

img00020.JPG

• Like 1

Good job friend! This little SAM battery truck makes it worth all the money.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to recreate the 1st Gulf of Sidra Incident with my F-14A Tomcats and my Su-22M3 Fitters, doing it extremely historically accurate, paying attention to every little detail.
      So far i've done everything, and it's almost identical to the real one, but there's ONE issue i can't figure out, let me explain:
      During the morning of the 19th of August 1981 two F-14A Tomcats intercepted two Libyan Su-22M3 Fitters in the Gulf of Sidra.
      The Fitters were equipped with two AA-2 "Atoll".
      Just before the merge, while nose-to-nose, one of the two Fitters fired a missile to one of the two Tomcats, but being the missile a very old and primitive heatseeker, it started tracked and going for the Tomcat, but as soon as the F-14 made a slight break, the Atoll lost its track.
      The PROBLEM IS:
      There's no way i can make the Fitters shoot the missiles before merging, if only the AA-2, or any other equippable missile was all-aspect or radar guided just like the R-23, i think it would work.
      I tried having a head-on merge with two Mig-23 Floggers equipped with radar guided R-23s and they shot at me before merging.
      I tried all other available missiles and nothing changed, some didn't show either.
      I tried copying and pasting the Data file from the Aim-7 to the R-60 Data file, and nothing changed.
      I tried changing the loadout file to R-23, but the Fitters show up without any weapon since there's no R-23 option in loadout for Su-23M3s, so i think it's not possible to have them (and would be historically inaccurate too).
      I tried changing enemy difficulty from Normal to Hard, but nothing changes still.
      The only thing the Fitters do is shooting their guns just before the merge, but no missiles are fired when nose-to-nose.
      Is there a way to fix this? A way i can make my Fitters fire at least one of their missiles when we're nose-to-nose, just like when i got nose-to-nose against Floggers equipped with R-23s?
      Is it a problem with the enemy AI? Or with the missiles? Or maybe even with the Su-22M3 Fitter i'm using?
      Thank you very much for helping me
    • By GKABS
      I decided to make a post so I can put all my work in one place I hope you okay with that.
      Okay here is the update of the M978/M977 HEMTT more detail will be added but this is how it looks so far.

• By Righteous26
      I have been testing blue side Hawk batteries in the desert map and have noticed that the location seems to have something to do with whether the missile launchers, radar and supporting AAA guns will show up in a mission. I believe that a large, static site like a SAM battery must be located near a logistics node such as a city or some of the vehicles may not appear in a mission. Further, the computer seems to prioritize inert, static objects such as the ICC, then the radars, then the AAA guns and finally the launchers if the entire system is not present during the mission.
      My Hawk batteries consist of two separate locations in the Desert_targets.ini file and consist of three launchers, one ICWAR, one HIPIR, one ICC and one supporting AAA gun of the computer's choice. The radius of each location is 200 meters, the centers are 100 meters from each other and the batteries are arranged in two half circles that complement each other.
    • By GKABS

View File Crotale SAM system

CROTALE mod by GKABS

1) Historical background

The Development of the Crotale Surface-to-Air Missile system began in 1964.
         The Crotale is a very short range SAM system (Sol-Air à Très Courte Portée or SATCP).
         It was said that South Africa paid 85% (France: 15%) of the first step development 
         costs of this SAM System. The Crotale was named "Cactus" for South Africa.
         Thomson-CSF for the radar and the electronics, and Matra (Engine division) for the 
         R440 missile were the two prime contractors.
         South Africa received the first systems in 1971.
         In 1971 France placed the first order for operational tests: 1 Acquisition Unit and 
         2 Firing Units.
         The Armée de l'Air bought this SAM system in order to protect their airfields.
         The Crotale in this first opérational version (Crotale 1000) was above all engaged 
         for the Egypt-Libya and Angola wars in the 1980s.
         Further developments were launched for several customers among the 15 ones which 
         ordered this system.

2) Installation in your Strike Fighters 2 installation(s)

There are 2 options :
          - The "Sand" version in order to put in any "Desert" type SF2 install,
          - The "Green" version for any "European" type SF2 install.

So you'll find them into 2 separated packs ready to play :)

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

3) Credits

- Coupi for suggesting the model, document, creating the data files, and testing.  From the bottom of my heart thanks.
          4) LICENSE:
          You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2.
           For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
          gkabs@gkabs.net
          Software used:
          3d Max 2009
          UVLayout v2 Pro
          Substance Painter
          Adobe Photoshop

gkabs@gkabs.net    

Submitter GKABS Submitted 04/23/2020 Category Ground Object Mods  
    • By GKABS

CROTALE mod by GKABS

1) Historical background

The Development of the Crotale Surface-to-Air Missile system began in 1964.
         The Crotale is a very short range SAM system (Sol-Air à Très Courte Portée or SATCP).
         It was said that South Africa paid 85% (France: 15%) of the first step development 
         costs of this SAM System. The Crotale was named "Cactus" for South Africa.
         Thomson-CSF for the radar and the electronics, and Matra (Engine division) for the 
         R440 missile were the two prime contractors.
         South Africa received the first systems in 1971.
         In 1971 France placed the first order for operational tests: 1 Acquisition Unit and 
         2 Firing Units.
         The Armée de l'Air bought this SAM system in order to protect their airfields.
         The Crotale in this first opérational version (Crotale 1000) was above all engaged 
         for the Egypt-Libya and Angola wars in the 1980s.
         Further developments were launched for several customers among the 15 ones which 
         ordered this system.

2) Installation in your Strike Fighters 2 installation(s)

There are 2 options :
          - The "Sand" version in order to put in any "Desert" type SF2 install,
          - The "Green" version for any "European" type SF2 install.

So you'll find them into 2 separated packs ready to play :)

3) Credits

- Coupi for suggesting the model, document, creating the data files, and testing.  From the bottom of my heart thanks.
          4) LICENSE:
          You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2.
           For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
          gkabs@gkabs.net
          Software used:
          3d Max 2009
          UVLayout v2 Pro
          Substance Painter
          Adobe Photoshop

gkabs@gkabs.net    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..