Hello!

Has anyone an idea how to create a SAR, Medevac or a Casevac Misson?  My plan is to have a pilot, ground units, helicopter, and a cover airplane. I have checked which type of mission I can have on airplanes and helicopters. The plane can be in CAS or covering the heli. But here is coming my questions:

1. Whare I can find a pilot or create one as a ground object? 

2. Can I set up the heli's to pick up the pilot? And how? (If this is possible)

3.  Whare I can find US soldiers or create this to a ground object?

Best Regards

Edited by JoeHal11

To 1.) It is possible to create a pilot as groundobject.

To 2.) The helicopters are not able to pick up something, including pilots. Thatswhy CSAR, SAR, MEDEVAC or similar missions are not possible.

14 hours ago, Gepard said:

To 1.) It is possible to create a pilot as groundobject.

To 2.) The helicopters are not able to pick up something, including pilots. Thatswhy CSAR, SAR, MEDEVAC or similar missions are not possible.

Thanks for that answer! Hope they made an STF 3 that's is possible. But that never gonna happened I think?

What I did long long ago. Create a Armed Recon mission, put the downed pilot as a enemy ground object (so you can have enemy infantry firing at you, but not to the downed pilot), then "kill" the downded pilot (no damaged model on him, to simulate the pick up, get the mission accomplished and get the heck out of there.

It's fun, but AFAIK the only downed pilot we had was the YAP one. I also got a modded "smoke marker" so it was even more realistic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stratos said:

What I did long long ago. Create a Armed Recon mission, put the downed pilot as a enemy ground object (so you can have enemy infantry firing at you, but not to the downed pilot), then "kill" the downded pilot (no damaged model on him, to simulate the pick up, get the mission accomplished and get the heck out of there.

It's fun, but AFAIK the only downed pilot we had was the YAP one. I also got a modded "smoke marker" so it was even more realistic.

Thank's! I gonna think about that and test.

8 hours ago, Stratos said:

it's fun, but AFAIK the only downed pilot we had was the YAP one. I also got a modded "smoke marker" so it was even more realistic.

well we have soldiers. and if requested one of our active modelers might be willing to create one if you explain the mission set

make a large hit box, low armor, and maybe you could set down "on" the pilot to destroy/pick them up

right up the lane of yakarov's Jolly Greens.........

would have to be tailor made missions so you dont take off expecting a downed pilot and get a convoy of ZSU-23s instead!

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 2

On 2021-06-29 at 6:26 PM, daddyairplanes said:

well we have soldiers. and if requested one of our active modelers might be willing to create one if you explain the mission set

make a large hit box, low armor, and maybe you could set down "on" the pilot to destroy/pick them up

would have to be tailor made missions so you dont take off expecting a downed pilot and get a convoy of ZSU-23s instead!

Hi! I have two ideas. One under the Vietnam war and one under the Afghanistan war. Hope I hope this is easy to understand?  

Afghanistan.png

Vietnam.png

On 27/06/2021 at 9:41 PM, JoeHal11 said:

Hello!

Has anyone an idea how to create a SAR, Medevac or a Casevac Misson?  My plan is to have a pilot, ground units, helicopter, and a cover airplane. I have checked which type of mission I can have on airplanes and helicopters. The plane can be in CAS or covering the heli. But here is coming my questions:

1. Whare I can find a pilot or create one as a ground object? 

2. Can I set up the heli's to pick up the pilot? And how? (If this is possible)

3.  Whare I can find US soldiers or create this to a ground object?

Best Regards

If you want I can show you how to build AWACS missions. ;). Just PM. 

On 29/6/2021 at 6:26 PM, daddyairplanes said:

Just a pilot in the ground would be nice, also a functional smoke column you can add in single missions...