Sign in to follow this  
TRIPZ

Disabling air defense in single mission.

Hey guys!

Some days back I downloaded  eburger68's excellent SF2 SAM's Pack.  It is great! But I have a kind of problem.
Before installing the mod I used to set enemy air defense to "LIGHT" and I never faced any ground defense. But... now after installing the mod when i select  "Light" enemy air defense SAM and MANPAD sites still come up. 
Can this be fixed?

नभ: स्‍पृशं दीप्‍तम

much as you wont like hearing it, yes: uninstall it.

the pack was made to add missing assets to the game and to set difficulties to  be between more realistic (air defenses arent gone in one mission) to criminally insane (the Russian brochure performance for the systems, where you are both super skilled and damn lucky if you survive one mission)

many of our mods are not set for making the game easier; rather many modders on here either seek to be historically accurate, add things not available in stock, and make it more challenging

besides, if you want to take em all out in one mission, use theold  SAC method

img01267.thumb.JPG.9a8f16922d9987f22fe9ebb0cb961c5f.JPG

• Haha 8

Actually I dont want to remove them for difficulty or something like that. I wanted to disable them for one on one testing of different aircraft's without the interruption of  ground fire. But I got the answer!
Thank your for your help!

•  
Edited by TRIPZ

shoot why not just do another install then? customize with things taken out (or placed in) for your tests as needed

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Thanks 1

Take 'Range' terrain and edit .ini by disabling the only one sam site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking about myself all of my air defense mods (SA-3, SA-6, SA-7, SA-14 along with AAA pack) were made as realistic as possble (taking into account the well known game engine limitations) because they were tested at their operational limits. I have conducted thousands launches for each of my air defense missile mods trying to determine each parameter how affects missile performance while I also spent much time for reasearch, verified combat performance etc. I sacrifise release time for realism. If you are used to fly against the stock air defenses then yes, it's normal that you find it difficult but stock systems perform quite poorly compared with the real life performance. In general there are 3rd party mods much closer to real life and yes they are more effective.

SF2 terrains have less SAM sites than the real SAM deployment for that area. If you fly over GermanyCE in a regural mission even with air defenses set as HEAVY you will encounter 4-5 SAM sites max. In real life West and East German operated a very dense SAM network. In the West, HAWK sites were deployed along the border with no gaps concerning engagement zones and in DDR SAM network was more dense as Soviet air defenses were also present. Just take a closer look on USAF looses during Vietnam or Israeli looses between 1970-73. Hundreds of aircrafts were shot down by AAA/SAMs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

damn, and i just saw an info graphic somewhere today breaking down USAF losses in Vietnam. i remember MiGs being 4%, AAA being 73% and SAMs not being the remaining 23% (it was somewhere in the high teens)

Thanks yall!!

there should be no SAMs or AAA on the The Range. Its just a nice quite, non-threatening environment in which to blow shit up without interuption. 

However, there should be EWR and maybe a SAM Radar, just to liven things up, and have targets for SEAD practice. (it's been a few years since my last rebuild of it ...)

• Thanks 1