Hey lads, as the title says, I wanted to see if there is a good mi 24 mod because I had been searching for awhile and only found a great one with lots of potential but it's flight model is unfinished. Still I thank the modder for his work tho. It must be really hard to make a good flight model for a helo (and to control it too lol. This isn't a f35 which i suck at controlling too lol). I have seen many uh1 and Apache mods. So I am wondering... Is there is a good mi 24 mod in the works or something like that? U know the flying tank is a legendary cold war helo, it kinda deserves an entire pack lol. I am open to surprises too lol. And maybe another tiny question, how to make sf1 mods work in sf2?

That's it, waiting for your reply lads.

Edited by m275500

That's in the Knowledge Base (which has other topics that is sure to answer a question or two), but a workable guide for converting SF1 planes to SF2.

I think (not sure) that the Mi-24 is available at the A-Team Skunkworks (or DAT site) site for what you're looking for. That's as far as I know where to get that. And helos aren't supported in Strike Fighters, just people make a usable FM for them.

Edited by EricJ

I know the mi 24 isn't supposed to be in strike fighters lol. U know, I kinda saw it in the moblie version of the game (strike fighters modern combat). So, I thought about why not have some helos mods in sf2 because why not. Thanks for your suggestion and answer. 

If you really want to fly the MI-24 I would highly recommend getting a copy of Enemy Engaged – Comanche vs. Hokum at gog.com for 6 bucks and then go get the mods available at http://eechcentral.simhq.com/

EECH is a true helicopter simulation and the mods have done a fantastic job of bring it up to date for modern hardware. The MI-24 is one of the jewels of the mod. 

Mmm. The game seems kinda interesting.. ok, very interesting, but is it like strike fighters 2 but with helos, like the same gameplay with choosing load out, skin, managing your squadron and that type of stuff? By looking at it, it has a dynamic campaign and it looks like sf2... But, I wanna make sure before i buy lol. And actually the main reason i wanted helos in sf2 is because it has fighters which can **** u if u make any mistake with your helo and u know..... to have both on the battlefield. Does the game u mentioned feature al fighters to kinda threat your presence.

With many thanks doc,

Edited by m275500

It is quite a bit different than SF2 in terms of gameplay.

My point is that for $6 you can give it a shot and if you don't like it you haven't lost a lot. For that matter, games go on sale frequently at gog.com and you may be able pick it up for less than retail.

I am not trying to sell you anything. It is well known that SF2 really does not support helicopters and even the best helo flight models are still tweaks of fixed wing FMs. 

Up to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ODS team have been working on helicopter flight models, and there's an Mi-25 (actually a modded Mi-24) included in the ODS AE30 mod.  

24 minutes ago, allenjb42 said:

The ODS team have been working on helicopter flight models, and there's an Mi-25 (actually a modded Mi-24) included in the ODS AE30 mod.  

Helicopters are going to be removed with the upcoming re-release of ODS 30AE. The previous release included them with countless bugs. A helo add-on is currently worked on for a future release, @guuruu has developed numerous work-arounds/formulas in order to get very decent flight models.

That being said, the Strike Fighters 2 game engine does not support helicopters at all, they are treated as fixed-wing aircraft, so they take-off from runways and so on. Helicopter fans should look elsewhere for a helo game or simulator. Helo add-ons can be enjoyable within SF2 to an extent, but I would never recommend Strike Fighters for helicopters. 

• Like 4

It's Mi-24 the latest FM. Not final, maybe 0.8 beta, but flyable ...

Add so SOUNDLIST.INI

//helicopters//

SoundFilexxx=RotorMi24
SoundFilexxx=windloop_helo

[RotorMi24]
Priority=NORMAL
3DSound=TRUE
DopplerEffect=TRUE
Looped=TRUE
FrequencyControl=TRUE
NumBuffers=3
MaxDist=2000.000000
MinDist=100.000000
InsideConeAngle=10
OutsideConeAngle=160
ConeOutsideVolume=55

[windloop_helo]
Priority=NORMAL
3DSound=FALSE
NumBuffers=1
Looped=TRUE

Mi-24.7z

Edited by guuruu
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I have already added your mi24 (25) flight model to the mi 24 i was going to fly and she now flies pretty well. Thanks for your work.

Edited by m275500

gog.com currently (7/29/2021) has EECH and EEAH on sale for $1.19US. 

There are comments about EECH not being a "real" simulator. Probably a DCS snob. :) I consider EECH just as much of a "simulator" as SF2. Not perfect but a hell of a lot of fun.

gog.com also has HIND which is a much older Mi-24 sim. The graphic are dated but usable and it has one of the best "realistic" FMs I think I've ever seen. You will need all of your wits about you to fly that beast.

Good luck on your sim search!

also sas il2 46 website has a hind with plenty of skins in their skin section. Mi-24V and there is a p. Its in BAT which is an all inclusve download for the sim but ya have to own il2 46 patched up.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,65026.0.html

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36911.0.html

https://mi-psi.eu/cs/mi-24.html

hind.jpg

hind2.jpg

^Good post.

You can get IL-2 cheap at GOG as well. I think they used to have a number of patch levels available so it made it easy to get the version you need for BAT.