Sign in to follow this  
MechaStalin

Returning after a long time and have some questions and issues, keybinds/mig23/yak25

Hi guys! Ive been playing on and off since the SF1 days and I played SF2 a few years ago. Recently ive got the urge to fly cool old coldwar planes again and do some what if scenarios. I installed the games from the installer files backed up on an old hd and downloaded a few addons, I was excited to see my fav plane the mig23 has a new pack with a working radar on the hud and I also used to like flying the yak25 flying intercepts with the old beam riding missiles.

I started the game and setup my keybinds and difficulty settings but am having a few weird issues. Ive noticed I still have the radar display in the corner despite putting radar to hard.

I am using a ps3 controller with drivers to make it function as an xbox 360 pad as I dont have a joystick at the moment. I bound a button to fire selected weapon but it never seemed to work. Ive got missiles to fire with the fire secondary guns key but I cant fire the guns on the mig 23.

Toggle radar goes through my radar modes but is there a way to turn the radar back off?

When flying the 23 it seemed like my buttons to control the radar distance and mode were like changed? It was very odd I was able to run the radar and cycle targets but couldnt lock anything in search mode at any range although this might have been ecm from the b52s? Is anyone able to help me figure out these issues with my button maps? Am i having issues with the radar for some reason? I dont think i installed something wrong.

As for the yak25 is there a guide to the cockpit somewhere and ideal use of its missiles? Its been a long time since I used them. Ive noticed two lights next to the panel that shows which pylon is selected, is the green launch authoritized and red a suggestion to not fire? Also one for the excellent new 23 pit would be great too. Also does anyone know exactly what bombers the yak would be dispatched to deal with in its planned use in the 50s?  Mainly only the biggest im assuming.

Thanks guys excited to try out all the new planes and terrains!

.Hi guys I actually found out my issue!

It seems the ingame control screen was binding my inputs to the wrong command. I messed around in the ini and managed to get everything working properly. It seems like sometimes the controls bind to one or two under the entry sometimes more, maybe im behind on patches with these old install files.

Yeah you should  be at July 2013 (last patch). They sell the  latest version on the store if you need to update.

probably REALLY want to think about investing in a real joystick

• Like 1

Yeah I actually used to have an obscure gamepad that had a throttle on it that worked well for stuff like this but it eventually fell apart haha. Just wanted this as a temp solution it works well now that I changed the ini and updated the game.