Sign in to follow this  
WWI Flying Ace

Mods Recommendations?

It would help if we knew what version of WOFF you are running, as some of the mods are version specific.

Are you on UE, PE, or BH&HII ?

• Like 1

@OP, I recommend starting with BB's excellent cloud mod packs, also the fantastic consolidated airfields packages courtesy of RJW, Lou, and company. You might also take a peek at my GPU Tuner for WOFF and other related items that improve FPS, etc. Lots of other mods available too, including flak mods, bluer rivers mods, higher-quality cloud mods, etc., but double-check what version of WOFF you have since not all of the mods are compatible across all recent versions of WOFF (UE, PE, BHAH2, etc.).

Also recommended is to check over JJJ's excellent MultiMod, his MissionEd, etc. Links to relevant mods are available under the mods section for WOFF on SimHQ, as well as on Sandbagger's website (which is as well linked to under relevant mod posts on SimHQ). For my mods for WOFF, WOTR, etc., I recommend the following link, as well as several posts available above, and below, that particular link:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-and-other-tweaks-for-woffuepebh2/?tab=comments#comment-780879

Happy modding and flying,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rjw said:

It would help if we knew what version of WOFF you are running, as some of the mods are version specific.

Are you on UE, PE, or BH&HII ?

BH&H2

WWI Flying Ace;

You might consider downloading the "User Files Backup Utility" from Sandbagger's web site https://thatoneplease.co/WOFF/WOFFUserFilesBackupProgram.zip

This tool will backup your personal pilot settings and many others so you can restore them in case of a system crash or loss of WOFF files. There is a ReadMe that comes with it to explain.

Regards

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rjw said:

WWI Flying Ace;

You might consider downloading the "User Files Backup Utility" from Sandbagger's web site https://thatoneplease.co/WOFF/WOFFUserFilesBackupProgram.zip

This tool will backup your personal pilot settings and many others so you can restore them in case of a system crash or loss of WOFF files. There is a ReadMe that comes with it to explain.

Regards

This is absolutely, positively, absotively, posolutely, MontyPythonly necessary! :victory:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WWI Flying Ace said:

I noticed on the “that one please” site, there really aren’t any mods that specify bhh2?

90% or so of mods available are still for the UE/PE eds. of WOFF. The consolidated airfields mods by RJW and company, including other addons that go with that airfields mod, have been upgraded for BH2 - should be indicated somewhere in the info. next to the download links if they are BH2-compatible, since the older airfields mods that are for WOFF UE, also PE, are still available on that site too.

The only other mods that have been upgraded to BH2-compatibility so far, as far as I am aware, are the MissionEd, also the MultiMod, as well as the bombsights mod and tracer mods (these last four are all by JJJ). The interesting thing about the MultiMod is that older UE/PE-compatible versions also work well with BH2 (as in my case) - only thing to keep in mind is that if using an older ver. of the MultiMod, the OrbyxP "fuel consumption" mod entry, within the MultiMod, will be perpetually toggled to "on" if using it with BH2.

One other thing worth mentioning - some of the UE/PE-era mods work with BH2, such as 4L0M's improved clouds mods, that give 1 MB+ size clouds (since some stock clouds are less than 1 MB in size) - doesn't hurt to experiment since most of the mods are JSGME-friendly so they can easily be offloaded if not compatible.

Note: I often refer to BH&H2 as BH2 for simplicity's sake (merely stating this to avoid confusion in my posts).

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rjw said:

WWI Flying Ace;

Regards

This tool is compatible with UE, PE, and BH&HII.

• Thanks 1

With the exception of a few minor inconsistencies, my cloud mod works fine with BHaH2. In order to get full use of all mod features, however, don't forget to also use JJJ's excellent Mission Editor.

I hope to have release version 4.0 of the mod ready sometime in the near future.

Edited by BuckeyeBob
  • Thanks 1

@WW1 Flying Ace,

my recommendation: I have flown my first WOFF, United Edition, the first weeks without mods. At first because I have payed for it, so I want to know the default-sim. At second to recognice after this time, which things I would like to improve. And then I have looked which mods exist and which are my favourites. And then you must test the mods via JSGME.

The following thread includs no mod-recommendations but only BH&H2-mods. Maybe it is a little help for you. WOFF BH&H II-Mods: There! - 30.07.21 - WOFF/WOTR - FAQ/Technical Issues - CombatACE 

Greetings

Edited by Becker04
  • Thanks 1