GKABS

M-84 Yugoslav MBT

Development

The M-84 is based on the Soviet  T-72 but with many modifications, including introducing domestic fire-control system that T-72 lacked, improved composite armor, and a 1000-hp engine. The M-84 entered service with the Yugoslav People's Army in 1984. The improved M-84A version entered service a few years later. Other variants where introduced later, most of them are modernization packages.

M-84AB (Yugoslavia) – Kuwaiti version of the M-84A. Additionally, the M-84AB is fitted with new communication and intercom systems. The Kuwaiti 35th Ash-Shahid (Martyr's) Armoured Brigade, armed with several dozen M-84ABs, took part in Operation Desert Storm. During the fighting, only two M-84AB's were lost, but both were later recovered. Kuwait originally ordered over 200 tanks but received only 150 before the break-up of Yugoslavia and the resulting end of its production. All instruments translated on English/Arabic language.

images (2).jpeg

images (4).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

images (6).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I love photo No.3 showing how big Bradley is comparing to soviet MBT.

• Haha 2

Tought you are on vacation, rofl!

• Haha 3

Can't get away from you gentlemen :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GKABS said:

Can't get away from you gentlemen :lol:

I've heard there are bad fires in some parts of Turkey. I hope you're safe and away from them.

It's great to see your interest on the M-84 tank I requested for the ODS 30AE total conversion mod. Kuwait only had a handful of them back then, still they are a worthy addition for this Gulf War anthology we've been working on for some 15 months. This Autumn I'm sure the ODS team will work on even greater things. It's my pleasure and privilege to be working with you, guys! :drinks:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I've heard there are bad fires in some parts of Turkey. I hope you're safe and away from them.

Thank you Menrva,  yes I am far away from Forest fires. I hope to God that these fires will be brought under control and they have already managed to put out 70 out of 80 fires.

19 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Kuwait only had a handful of them

It was more than handfull :lol:The Kuwaiti 35th Al-Shaheed Armored Brigade was equipped with 70 M-84s. During the retaking of the country. :wink:

Gulf War anthology we've been working on for some 15 months. This Autumn I'm sure the ODS team will work on even greater things. It's my pleasure and privilege to be working with you, guys! 

Happy to be part of this great team. :friends:

Resizer_16276685834900.jpg

• Like 5

Gotta love Russian ( originally ) Tanks, they are like Race cars for Squaddies. 

• Like 1

The Cypriot National Guard has T-80U's and T80 UK's 

T-80U - Cyprus National GuardT-80U - Cyprus National Guard

• Like 4

This is the first I knew that Kuwait had these tanks. I have been getting more interested in tanks recently due to supporting "Gunner, HEAT, PC!".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrazyhorseB34 said:

I might try that game! Just too see how real it is! 

Brush up on my skills! 

Demo is free, $3 min for the Patreon demo. Remember it is still very much in development. Latest update should be out in the next week or so.

Okay, I would like to start making the T-84, but I am having a hard time getting a good blueprint.  I know it's close to the T-72, but I would like your help locating one good T-84 BP. this is what I have T-72.

@GK_T72.thumb.jpg.96f2e4ea00fef912515f44cc4dbcc532.jpg

Edited by GKABS

Thanks, @Nightshade/PRfor the link, it really has good information for the T-84, But for the blueprint, I would like to get is something where I can model the turret because the one you sent me has these added protection plates on the sides, so I wouldn't be able to model the turret the way I want to because I want to make one from the Gulf War. (Liberation of Kuwait)

images (7).jpeg

This has been an interesting search........

Here's link to a 3-D model (Yugoslav) without all the modernization's. Finding a blueprint of the Kuwaiti version has proved quite challenging.

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/m-84-main-battle-tank-a6839bb9b0d7403aa80951c31d76fe18

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/1984-uro-akovic-m-84-141ef5a5934742329b7d618c2e004f92

• Thanks 1

That is very helpful thank you so much @Nightshade/PR :clapping:

Now I can start modeling.