Sign in to follow this  
JulioJunqueira

SPAD VII Skin pack of Escadrille 561 for First Eagles 2, Gold & 1

SPAD VII Skin pack of Escadrille 561 for First Eagles 2, Gold & 1

SPAD VII Skin pack of Escadrille 561 for First Eagles 2, Gold & 1. 

Just adding small complements and personal markings to the original stock game skins, to represent the SPADs VII used by ESC 561 in Italy. (I'm adding two versions
one for SPAD7_150 and other for SPAD7_180).

This skin pack depict all known SPAD VII as was Flown by Ltt Frédéric Loiseau, Ltt Jean De Limur, Slt Pierre de Jumilhac of Escadrille 561 at Venice, Italy during
late 1917 early 1918.

Historical notes:

- Ltt Frédéric Loiseau after the war, become famous, crossing in 1929 the Sahara desert with a Bugatti Type 40: 11,500 kilometers of unpaved roads and desert. In
1930 Loiseau wrote a book about his adventure “A cent a l’heure a travers le Sahara”.

- Ltt Jean De Limur after the war, become actor in Hollywood and a renowned film director. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Historical Sources:

- Aéro-Journal n°39, L'Escadrille de Venise, entre guerre et dolce vita, David Méchin.
- Albin Denis website: http://albindenis.free.fr/Site_escadrille/page_centaine.htm
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :

To install this skins pack and ini files, copy or drop the folders named "SPAD7_150" and "SPAD7_180" in your "SPAD7_150" and "SPAD7_180" aircraft folders. 

To install the decals, copy or drop the folder named "SPAD7_150" and "SPAD7_180" in your "SPAD7_150" and "SPAD7_180" Decals folders.

*ATTENTION*

In order to work properly on your loadout menu option, this following lines, must to be COPIED into your "SPAD7_150.ini" file.

[TextureSetXXX]
Directory=ESC561
Name=ESC561 Frédéric Loiseau
Nation=FRANCE
Squadron=561ESC
Specular=1.800000
Glossiness=1.800000
Reflection=0.000000

[TextureSetXXX]
Directory=ESC561a
Name=ESC561 Ltt Jean De Limur
Nation=FRANCE
Squadron=561ESC
Specular=1.800000
Glossiness=1.800000
Reflection=0.000000

[TextureSetXXX]
Directory=ESC561b
Name=ESC561 Slt Pierre de Jumilhac
Nation=FRANCE
Squadron=561ESC
Specular=1.800000
Glossiness=1.800000
Reflection=0.000000

Replace the (XXX) in the [TextureSetXXX] top line, with the appropriate number following your "SPAD7_150.ini" file order for others skins that you have already
installed before.
For you to get better profit of these skins I recommend the use of Stephen1918's SPAD VII cockpit, that you are able to download here at CombatAce.com.

NOTE:

I'm adding 2 optional "INSIGNIA002.tga" that I painted to replace the French original game INSIGNIA002. To use it just drop or copy to your main folder "Decals".
Remember to backup your INSIGNIA002.tga if you have already installed one in the main decals folder. 

Credits:

- Julio Junqueira skin

- Third Wire Productions for the original files that I used as base to my work.

- special thanks to CombatAce.com hosting the files.

This is freeware; you are allowed to use it as you wish, but The names of all contributors listed here, must be added in any new released readmes. This skin may
not in any way, be used in any payware additions.