Sign in to follow this  
MacGalin

How to set wapon station to allow only for heavier bombs , and ignore smaller ones ?

I have another noob-ish question - how to prevent weapon station from being able to load light bombs?   I need a pylon thats able to load for Mk83 and Mk84 1000 and 2000  pounders ,   but it would not allow to load smaller stuff like mk-82s  or rockeyes.

I know that there's a maximum  size and diameter limit -  but is there any similar variable for  mimimum weight/size allowed?  

The wider context:   i want to make 2 separate configurations of a bomb bay - [light] allowing  to load  6 light dumb bombs in 3x2  layout , and [heavy] allowing to load a pair of heavier bombs in 2x1 layout.      I am using two separate weapon stations  linked to single stationgroup ID -  it obviously works fine for the heavy bombs,    but when i try to load lighter ones,  then both weapons stations activate,  and plane loads  both 3x2 layout from [light]  AND  the additional two unwanted light bombs of the same type from the [heavy]  station, for total of 8 bombs clipping through one another. 

Alternatively, is there any way to limit bomb bay  weapon station to be able to load only specific weapons (mk 83 and mk84 in this case ) ?  

I know it could be done using SpecificStationCode,  but that would require to create separate variants of above bombs specially  just  for this one plane -  and i would prefer to avoid that if possible.

Edited by MacGalin

make it two different station group ID...example: StationGroupID=3 (light bombs)  and StationGroupID=4 (heavy bombs)   and set parameter GroupLimit=4 to wapon:biggrin: station with light bombs  (ID group 3)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the basic answer to the basic part of your question is no, there isnt exactly a minimum value

but as Yakarov said, there are tricks that can be done to create the desired behavior.

Do you want to make many station groups? If not, it might be easier just to set them apart. 

it also depends on how many you want to do. there is a limit. dont recall it off top of head but hit the limits for stationID and groups in the B-52...

6 groups is the limit

I'm just curious, as to WHY the loadout ini, with it's specific mission tasking statements, is NOT working for the loads the OP is trying to customize.

and, maybe, we should know WHICH aircraft he's trying to modify??? Experts abound around here

19 minutes ago, Wrench said:

and, maybe, we should know WHICH aircraft he's trying to modify???

my thought exactly...but I said, 'nah...show must go on.'

6 groups is the limit

Yes and no.

Yes, 6 groups are the limit to display in the loadout menu. But you can still create more ID groups...just they will not appear in the loadout menu - but this can give more possibilities in your loadout.ini (useful in asymmetrical loadouts) also it is useful if you want to add some electronic equipment (ecm or targeting pod) that should be present all the time, without losing group ID - again that might be useful in mixed loadouts. We used this method frequently in ODS30. 

I think in one of my private mods I have gone up to 9 station groups and it is working. 

and, maybe, we should know WHICH aircraft he's trying to modify???

We still do not know what is wapon ...:haha:

...wee-pon...

Edited by yakarov79

46 minutes ago, Wrench said:

6 groups is the limit

I'm just curious, as to WHY the loadout ini, with it's specific mission tasking statements, is NOT working for the loads the OP is trying to customize.

and, maybe, we should know WHICH aircraft he's trying to modify??? Experts abound around here

I was asking about the wEApon :biggrin:   selection screen in mission briefing,  not about loadout.ini  configs.  In loadout ini it should work fine because you have direct control over stations , rather than stationgroups.   My concern is manually selecting loadouts before missions,  and there you are stuck just with stationgroups.

As for the plane, i did not think it would matter,  since i was hoping that generic answer exists  (like  "yeah, there's  a variable that allows you set up a minimum allowed weapon size") -  which does not seem to be the case.

As for the plane,  its B-57G i am fooling around in order to learn how stuff works (or in this case -  how it does not work). 

As for now,  i decided to kludge this using  cloned weapons with SpecificStationCode  specific for the plane and the station.  Not an elegant solution, but it  works well enough for my purposes.

If anyone is interested, here are the two weaponbay blocks i use right now:

[BombBay]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=9
StationGroupID=5
StationType=INTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=0.0,0.0,0.0
AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,180.0
LoadLimit=2510
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB
AttachmentType=USAF,NATO
NumWeapons=6
AttachmentPosition001=-0.348,1.43,-0.454
AttachmentPosition002= 0.348,1.43,-0.454
AttachmentPosition003=-0.348,-1.0,-0.454
AttachmentPosition004= 0.348,-1.0,-0.454
AttachmentPosition005= 0.0,1.43,-0.454
AttachmentPosition006= 0.0,-1.0,-0.454
DiameterLimit=0.6
LengthLimit=2.6
MovingPylon=TRUE
RotatingPylon=TRUE
ModelNodeName=Bomb_Rails
BombBayAnimationID=6
BombBayOpenTime=6.0
BombBayCloseTime=4.0
MinExtentPosition=-0.752,-3.402,-1.066
MaxExtentPosition=0.752,1.834,0.137

and

[BombBayHB]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=12
StationGroupID=5
StationType=INTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=0.0,0.0,0.0
AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,180.0
LoadLimit=3043
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB
AttachmentType=USAF,NATO
SpecificStationCode=b57hbomb    <==========================  the method i currently use to avoid double load of light bombs
NumWeapons=2
AttachmentPosition001=-0.358,0.2,-0.354
AttachmentPosition002= 0.358,0.2,-0.354
DiameterLimit=0.9
LengthLimit=5.6
MovingPylon=TRUE
RotatingPylon=TRUE
ModelNodeName=Bomb_Rails
BombBayAnimationID=6
BombBayOpenTime=6.0
BombBayCloseTime=4.0
MinExtentPosition=-0.752,-3.402,-1.066
MaxExtentPosition=0.752,1.834,0.137

Edited by MacGalin

I gave you an easy-peasy solution with no need for a specific station code. 

anyway...

7 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

I gave you an easy-peasy solution with no need for a specific station code. 

anyway...

Yeah, but unelss  i  misunderstand you (which is of course entirely possible )   ,  it would need one more additional stationgroup,  and the plane already uses all six...

Edited by MacGalin

when I will finally get back home I will check my files...