Sign in to follow this  
zombiewoof

The Great War

Go to youtube and enter THE GREAT WAR.  I don't know how I missed this series but it's well done.  You can start in 1914 and watch the war go by in weekly segments, and they have events after WW1 showing, and are working on the Franco/Prussian war as a prelude.  It's cool because they cover the entire world to create the idea of a World War.  I'm a history buff but they go places I hadn't really thought about and do it well.  Great series!    Steve

• Like 1

I totally agree, it's an excellent series.  I only discovered it recently and have made it through The Great War.  Now I'm currently going through the "Between 2 Wars" series and then its on to their World War Two week by week.

Good series and an amazing undertaking too, it will probably take the same time as the real war did to make (a bit like WOFF, although that took about 4 x the war length so far ;) ).

Edited by Polovski
  • Thanks 1

and don't overlook the "special" episodes  - immense amount of background info there on people, tactics, weaponry, sites, etc.  absolutely fantastic

Bump it up really fast!  It's an excellent series, with lots of choices and subjects to check out.  If it was on "real tv" it would have won lots of awards, very well done.  I watch some episodes every day, sometimes following the path of The Great War, and other times as lofty_c would say, special episodes.  Haven't even gotten into between the wars or WW2.  You'll like it a lot.  Great stuff!   Steve