Sign in to follow this  
Nightshade/PR

Flightstick Control Issues

In the last few days, there were a few updates from Microsoft for Windows 10. At first blush, things seemed fine, but I noticed a few oddities in my game controls. There was another one this morning, and now, all the commands I have/had programmed into my stick are all over the place. On the configuration screen, everything looks normal. But when you save it and start the next mission, all the commands seem to have mapped to somewhere else. I pulled a saved version of my control setup from a backup file, and once again, everything looks good. Start the mission, and the control setting are once again everywhere but where I set them. I was using a Saitek X52 (courtesy of Trotski), and all those functions went to the great control panel in the sky. Soooooo, I pulled it off and tried my old Cyborg EVO. Once again, it looked good in the Control Panel, apparently saved just fine, and I thought I had it beat. Start the game, and after 3 seconds I realized the problem was back when I tested the rudder controls and my engines throttled up. Uttering what may be the classic understatement "this could be a problem", I tried the Weapons selection switches, and got Radar Toggle, ECM, Chaff & Flare, and when I selected the Cannon, I got AGM-88's on the screen. (At that point I made a reference to some bombs that were discussed a few days ago)

I'm gonna figure this out one way or the other, but has anyone else been seeing these anomalies? I haven't seen anything like this before and I'm kinda stumped. It's comical in one aspect, but annoying as all get out in another. I'm thinking it's something peculiar to my system and Windows version, and praying I don't have to do a reinstall, so I'll take & try whatever suggestions I can get.

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D PRO, I too just had a block of Windows 10 upgrades install. I just went and tested some of Thirdwire games and I have no problems. Now I do not leave my joystick connected, I only connect the stick when I need it. Some of the other games I have do not like the joystick to plugged in.