Sign in to follow this  
Bagpipe

Thrustmaster sucks! Can't fly WOFF anymore...

So when I got WOFF originally I was faced with the conundrum of my rudder pedals not detecting as a z axis as they are a slider axis apparently which is a different thing.

And so began the difficult process of trying to understand the TARGET software they offer in order to remap the whole hotas set in order to run compatibly with WOFF.

Luckily, on one of the forums from a while back, someone had posted a TARGET profile for the T16000 which i was able to update a little and get everything running.

However, it seems that Thrustmaster have updated drivers or something and it has gone and rendered the hotas stick unreadable now in WOFF. So I can now control my rudder but I can't pitch or bank!!!!

ARGGHHH! It is infuriating. I have no interest in diving into setting up an entirely new target profile as it is beyond me but if anybody has any ideas on how to get this lot working again in WOFF I would be beyond greatful :)

I have a  T16000M stick and I didn't install any drivers for it when I built the new computer recently.  I just programmed it in Workshop in BHAH II, and sure I didn't use drivers on WOFF either.  Now I'm not an expert on computer programming and hopefully someone will jump in here, but what I would do is delete the Thrustmaster program, restart, them plug the T16000M back in and let Windows find it.  Then I would program the buttons and axis in Workshop to whatever you find convenient. 

Not that it helps much, but I didn't do anything special either to get my 16000 running. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes it flips my rudder pedals to control my ailerons and elevators. I haven't quite locked it down, but this seems to be when I have flown MSFS 2020 in the same session. Restarting the computer seems to clear up the confusion and return the world to normal...

13 hours ago, Burning Beard said:

I have a  T16000M stick and I didn't install any drivers for it when I built the new computer recently.  I just programmed it in Workshop in BHAH II, and sure I didn't use drivers on WOFF either.  Now I'm not an expert on computer programming and hopefully someone will jump in here, but what I would do is delete the Thrustmaster program, restart, them plug the T16000M back in and let Windows find it.  Then I would program the buttons and axis in Workshop to whatever you find convenient. 

Letting windows find it is the same as installing drivers. Once it finds it, it installs the drivers...

And i cant program the rudder in because woff does not detect it as the correct type of axis to be compatible as a rudder (Z-axis). That is why I have had to use the thrustmaster gui program. It is a nightmare but now it seems thrustmaster have changed something yet again and it has screwed up the whole lot. 

Never mind, somehow I clicked some random button in the target software and got it working again... Something to do with "Enumerate devices" I think.

What a hassle though, literally my only real gripe with the sim is that it doesn't support this hotas out of the box for one reason or another.

Anywayyyy, rant over thanks for listening

We've all been there one way or another. You can tell by the trashed pc's below the window.

I was about to say ''watch out for the hun in the sun''... but you needn't worry today by the looks of it!

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 11:11 AM, Bagpipe said:

@Polovski Is there no way to program the woff keybind utility to register a "Slider" axis as a "Rudder" input?

Glad you are sorted. We just read standard DirectX inputs, if controllers want to use various other axis or sliders and so on it would often need their other software (as you have used there) to alter it.

1 hour ago, Polovski said:

Glad you are sorted. We just read standard DirectX inputs, if controllers want to use various other axis or sliders and so on it would often need their other software (as you have used there) to alter it.

I appreciate that, I am just puzzled why it doesn't work out of the box considering it is one of the more popular brands/sets out there.

For the average user it is very complicated to have to turn to the likes of target gui or similar to reconfigure the hotas and when you consider that they work fine with other sims out there it's a bit...mehh :dntknw:

Is there no way to add support for particularly popular hotas which are known to have issues with your software? I mean in order to save you guys having to test each of the hotas we, the community, could possibly help out in some way no?

Edited by Bagpipe

If you look on SimHQ for a thread by me several years ago about joysticks in WOFF. You will see I had a problem with the Saitek X56 throttle not being recognized in WOFF. I was able to do a workaround and got it to work. It may be helpful to you or someone else in the future. Even though your using a Thrustmaster product it could be a similar issue.

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4486605/Searchpage/1/Main/421500/Words/%2Bsaitek/Search/true/throttle-issues-anyone-else-use-a-saitek-x56#Post4486605

Edited by WitchyWoman

It seems on the PC what works for one doesn't always work for another person even with the T16000M or CH pedals etc so we can't simply just add it or whatever.  The FAQ has two step-by-step examples for CH pedal setups for example.

Edited by Polovski

The issue with the T-Flight rudder pedals is simply that WOFF is looking for a "Rz axis" (or possibly any input with the word "axis" as the name) to bind as rudder but this only exists on the flight stick. Because of this the axis for the rudders is called "Slider 1", but WOFF fails to recognize this input when assigning.

The only work around is to use external software to reconfigure your entire hotas but this can lead to "switching off" certain parts of the hotas and just gets messy and, as in the case of this thread, when they update drivers you sometimes have to start over again.

I don't understand much of coding and I don't know exactly how the key bind utility works but could it not be programmed to recognize binds with both "axis" or "slider" in the name? Or am I grossly oversimplifying the issue?