Sign in to follow this  
WitchyWoman

Squadron disappeared

I have run into  problem I installed defense missions  and standard mission mod and for some reason I have no wingmen now and I am no longer a part of a flight anymore. Seems I am stuck flying solo unless I enable assigned wingmen in options, then I have one assigned wingman but thats it. Its as if the whole squadron is grounded and never spawns at mission start and the pre-flight list of pilots for the flight is blank, yet hey are shown in the squadron list along with assigned plane.  What happened to my game? None of my other saved campaigns on other pilots have this problem. Its a pilot I created with Jasta 20 in 1916

Edited by WitchyWoman

@OP,  make sure that the "enable 3rd party missions" option in the WOFF sim. menu is toggled "on" - if you have loaded Bletchley's mission and defense mission packages via JSGME. Otherwise oddities may result while flying. Also, Bletchley's missions result in many more lone-wolf missions assigned, from what I've read, than stock missions. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that you are loading the correct third-party missions for BH&H2 - called "Bletchley's Mission Types (BH&H II Version 1)" and "Bletchley's Defence Mission Types (BH&H II Version 1)." Both are located under this link:

https://thatoneplease.co/generalWOFF.html

If running WOFF UE/PE instead, download the package called "WOFF UE Mission Mods (Version 3.1)."

For the record, I don't fly third-party missions so I can't help with other details/oddities regarding them.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

I think my problem is this, at least two units, jasta 23 and 2  (1916) seem to be forming up but this seems to go on for a week now. Also they are listed as under strength. So I am stuck flying solo and no one else is flying, is this normal? Seems any allied unit I fly with does not have this problem. Never seen this happen before and I did a fresh install.

Edited by WitchyWoman

Are you getting text before the mission where it's like "You can take your plane up around the field for testing and blah blah blah" ?

1 hour ago, Rick Rawlings said:

Are you getting text before the mission where it's like "You can take your plane up around the field for testing and blah blah blah" ?

Yes its annoying, also testing out the plane after overhauls. I did a reinstall so there should be no trace of the mod missions now and 3rd party is off.

Edited by WitchyWoman
typos

On 8/18/2021 at 9:49 PM, WitchyWoman said:

I think my problem is this, at least two units, jasta 23 and 2  (1916) seem to be forming up but this seems to go on for a week now. Also they are listed as under strength. So I am stuck flying solo and no one else is flying, is this normal?

Yes if your unit is not yet operational. It's like you're the only available pilot, thus you get to fly solo. Thus the message about taking your plane up around the field. 

2 hours ago, WitchyWoman said:

Yes its annoying, also testing out the plane after overhauls. I did a reinstall so there should be no trace of the mod missions now and 3rd party is off.

Yeah, I have had that for a few days here and there but nothing sustained...

Don't forget you can skip time if your squadron is forming up or other non combat state.  If you don't see the icon to skip time, make sure you have "Campaign Date Advance" set to Manual/Auto (2nd page of Workshops).

Edited by Polovski

I recall one of my German pilots (late 1917 or early 1918 ?) getting into a similar situation where the squadron became decimated and he was the only active pilot left. This was the result of his jasta's flights regularly encountering larger enemy formations. IIRC I decided he would skip a week or two until the jasta was once more up to strength. I didn't pay attention to what status the jasta was in so lack data there. But I think it's possible to skip time no matter what state the squadron is in.

But what happened was that as soon as new aircraft and pilots arrived, the jasta began operations with both A and B flights again instead of consolidating, with the result that once again small German formations ran into larger enemy formations and were again decimated. A vicious circle, you see.

So skipping time didn't help much in this case. I think things would have turned out OK if the jasta had only operated one flight for awhile.