Sign in to follow this  
hoongadoonga

forced encounters

I play with forced encounters set to medium.  Sometimes I jump to the next waypoint (shift + w).  I generally do this at one of the following points:  1 - after I get to the first waypoint but before reaching full altitude, or 2 - before I even reach the first waypoint.

When I do this does is mess up the timing for the forced encounter and reduce my chances of encountering an enemy plane?

Possibly some, but the detection radius appears to be quite large and many groups are on patrol and will sweep across your flight sooner or later. I often do the same thing you are describing and I have plenty of engagements. I might have my encounters set to high, though...

Hmm ... . I believe, it is not so difficult (I mean Default, not Mission Editor)

IMHO: All flights are being generated from the system, they are AI-flights. If you change a flight-property during your mission manually (f.e. "sometimes I jump to the next waypoint ... after I get to the first waypoint but before reaching full altitude"), the system with all AI-flights "doesn't know" your manually changed altitude and "doesn't react"- with all possibilities / consequences for your own flight. All can happen ... and nothing. You don't know it. I like it, because it is closer to a realistic atmosphere!

Please correct me, if it is wrong!

Greetings

Edited by Becker04

Generally the AI are on their own missions  irrespective of the player.  With 'forced encounters' set on you may see more action,  as WOFF (and WOTR) will try to place some of those flights nearer the player path, but as they are random, and could be part way through or even finished by the time you get there anyway,   so generally speaking it doesn't really matter what waypoint you start at anyway. 

Edited by Polovski