Sign in to follow this  
Evanco

Viet Nam Speech Pack

Hello, I played Wings Over Vietnam about a dozen years ago.  I remember a speech pack that was very good, but I can't find it.  Does anyone know where this is?

I have it, it should still be available in the French Check Six archive, it's just hidden. I could upload it here at CombatACE, but I do not have any contact with the original creators. Will wait for the admins to hear about it. I could also update it for use on SF2.

• Like 2

I have quite a few different speech packs in different installs of SF, but I have never seen or heard of a Vietnamese one.

It would be good to see it uploaded.

2 hours ago, Gatling20 said:

I have quite a few different speech packs in different installs of SF, but I have never seen or heard of a Vietnamese one.

It's a complete and correct speech pack, unlike many others with random words in Russian, German and so on. The second best speech pack is the Arabic one still in the works by GKABS, it's an exclusive for ODS 30AE at the moment.

Alright, I look forward to prepare the Vietnamese speech pack with tweaks for SF2 and upload it with credits to the real authors, maybe next month. Now I got issues with RL that take priority.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Evanco said:

It isn't Vietnamese; it is U.S. speech, sounding more realistic.

Ah, apologies then. We all thought you were referring to that Vietnamese speech pack I described.

For English speech voiceovers, just look in the downloads section of Strike Fighters 1, you'll find some packages that will suit your needs.

I didn't find it there.  It was years ago that I downloaded it; the voices sounded more unclear like they were coming from Viet Nam War-era aircraft radios.  Red Crown had a beeping noise in the background, like a Quindar beep.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, Evanco said:

Red Crown had a beeping noise in the background, like a Quindar beep.

The only speech pack which also modifies the original Red Crown is the one by Polak. It is definitely available in the SFP1 download section. Just look for his name.

Alternatively, download this re-release of it which I made for SF2, I think it would work just as fine in SF1: https://combatace.com/files/file/16919-speech-enhancement/

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Thank you; I think this might just be it.  Where is Polak's speech mod?

Edited by Evanco