Yes indeed the Bloody April- Air war over Arras 1917 and the Eagle of Lille was a good purchase & find.  It had good reviews from what I recall.  I played a start up mission for both when I first received the games and it was very fun/immersive as board games go.  The instruction/ rules for either are well laid out and the campaign’s for the RFC & Luftkrafftkreit appear to be quite immersive.  Should be fun when I eventually roll out the Maps, counters and dice to have a full go playing it albeit solo.  

I’ll probably spread out the game maps on the dining room table as it is wide and long enough to accommodate everything much to the chagrin of my better half…lol…Dawn Patrol I played half a dozen times with one of my friends whom I worked with when we were off on rest days pre-children.  He had kept the game since his teens and was a military board game enthusiast like myself.  When our families were young spare time was non existent between work and parenthood.  That was over 25 yrs ago and we’ve both retired since.  He also moved several hours away so no chance we can link up to give Blood April a go.  

3 hours ago, Janzen said:

Yes indeed the Bloody April- Air war over Arras 1917 and the Eagle of Lille was a good purchase & find.  It had good reviews from what I recall.  I played a start up mission for both when I first received the games and it was very fun/immersive as board games go.  The instruction/ rules for either are well laid out and the campaign’s for the RFC & Luftkrafftkreit appear to be quite immersive.  Should be fun when I eventually roll out the Maps, counters and dice to have a full go playing it albeit solo.  

I’ll probably spread out the game maps on the dining room table as it is wide and long enough to accommodate everything much to the chagrin of my better half…lol…Dawn Patrol I played half a dozen times with one of my friends whom I worked with when we were off on rest days pre-children.  He had kept the game since his teens and was a military board game enthusiast like myself.  When our families were young spare time was non existent between work and parenthood.  That was over 25 yrs ago and we’ve both retired since.  He also moved several hours away so no chance we can link up to give Blood April a go.  

You may want to have a look at this site, there is several free updates to download and mods for the game and many others. Its a wealth of info for board games.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/69136/bloody-april-1917-air-war-over-arras-france/files

Wow! Super! Thanks for the link Witchywoman, most appreciated! Cheers!