GKABS

Coming soon-ish, update to the PC version of SFMC

Coming soon-ish, update to the PC version of SFMC

Screenshot_20210831-222443_Twitter.thumb.jpg.fdd04e49de40ef1d79aa80c2c3dabd81.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-222941_Discord.jpg

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 2

The B-1? We already have a B-1 if I remember correctly, though not with the Sniper pod.

I just found it in their twitter account and I don't know what SFMC stand for. :dntknw:

I wouldn't care about this arcade-ish mobile game ported to PC if I were you. Unfortunately, there's more demand for these mobile games rather than for a proper update of the original Strike Fighters series we all love. Our best hope is that this mediocre (yet unique in its kind) game brings money to TK. Maybe and just maybe we can get news on the Win10 (Win11?) patch for SF2.

The news are not related to Strike Fighters 2, so the topic should be moved elsewhere.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

I didn't know what is SFMC,  I thought it was related to SF2 and you are correct it should be moved elsewhere. :wink:

"soon-ish" :lol:  So everything from a month to a lifetime?

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

I wouldn't care about this arcade-ish mobile game ported to PC if I were you. Unfortunately, there's more demand for these mobile games rather than for a proper update of the original Strike Fighters series we all love. Our best hope is that this mediocre (yet unique in its kind) game brings money to TK. Maybe and just maybe we can get news on the Win10 (Win11?) patch for SF2.

I'm not very optimistic. If i were him, and the full arcade games are what brings him money, instead of SF2, I wouldn't invest much if anything on SF2. I don't like it or agree on how it is handled, but I understand it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

Just like Windows 10 update for SF2 :lol:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Soulfreak said:

Just like Windows 10 update for SF2 :lol:

Exactly :lol:

• Haha 1

If no business interest any longer, if we could at least get the source released….

Dreaming….:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, pvince said:

If no business interest any longer, if we could at least get the source released….

This has been wished for since even when it seemed like new content was coming, however i guess SF2 sits right where TK can still get some moderate revenue and wants to keep it safe from, say, having a potentially improved competing option, but not enough to spend any more time/money (the same when you think of it) on the original PC SF/WoX series.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pvince said:

Obviously yes.   :rofl:

We should make a public request with signatures on his Discord... Just saying.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stratos said:

We should make a public request with signatures on his Discord... Just saying.

You don't know TK then. Been there, done that. The best I got was a like to a post where I announced ODS 30AE, since I pinged the ThirdWire account on his Discord server. TK did not even bother to announce this SFMC update on the Discord server, which should be TW's official forum since the old one was closed due to server costs. He's a good (I'd even say great) programmer, who doesn't really care about PR. Blame him or not, the situation isn't going to change.

This SFMC update is coming indeed (it will happen, unlike the promised SF2 Win10 update which seems vaporware so far); all he has to do is port all the latest changes of the mobile version of SFMC to the PC version, it's not going to be a total engine rework like SF2 Win10 is meant to be. If you guys have a look at the Discord server, you'll notice many gamers talking relentlessly about updates of the mobile game. SFMC is updated regularly by TK, now he's updating the PC port after a good amount of additions and bug fixes were made for the original Android version.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

What I see and what I know is that I am grateful that TK made this game, plus what made me even happier is finding this forum, with regard to TK and his work I wouldn't hold my breath.  If he releases the windows 10 update I will be more than happy, and if he doesn't then life goes on. :drinks:

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

make you wonder why he didnt just say two weeks... :lol:

• Haha 1

TW definitely is a joke! Windows just going to 11 and they´re still on 7!!! 

On 8/31/2021 at 12:34 PM, GKABS said:

I just found it in their twitter account and I don't know what SFMC stand for. :dntknw:

Strike Fighters Modern Combat = SFMC

• Like 3