Sign in to follow this  
MechaStalin

Mod that improved radio chatter text

Hi guys, my memory may be bad but I swear back in the WoE days I had a mod that gave more detail to the radio calls in your squadron. It did something like said what unit was making the call or gave you a clock position or something.

Sorry for being so vague but I remember having something like this and cant find anything similar in the sf2 section unless im looking in the wrong place. It would be very nice that if someone calls a missile launch or break to at least have an idea who is calling it.

19 hours ago, MechaStalin said:

Hi guys, my memory may be bad but I swear back in the WoE days I had a mod that gave more detail to the radio calls in your squadron. It did something like said what unit was making the call or gave you a clock position or something.

This is what you're looking for, it's in the SF1 downloads section: https://combatace.com/files/file/7157-comms-mod/

The mod may look cool at first, but soon you realize that AI calls about SAM missiles, callsigns, etc. are completely wrong and do not reflect the reality in-game. It may seem more detailed, but it's totally random and inaccurate.

Edited by Menrva

6 hours ago, Menrva said:

This is what you're looking for, it's in the SF1 downloads section: https://combatace.com/files/file/7157-comms-mod/

The mod may look cool at first, but soon you realize that AI calls about SAM missiles, callsigns, etc. are completely wrong and do not reflect the reality in-game. It may seem more detailed, but it's totally random and inaccurate.

That may have been it, there is also another one that says it adds the planes number before they make missile or sam calls. I am at work right now so I cant test these to see if they work on sf2.

Im thinking about trying to mess with it myself, I guess I would modify the speechsystem.ini ? Is it possible to just make it so that when the ai gives a break command it shows who the command is "targeted" at? And that the ai always call their number before for example bingo fuel or taking damage? Because right now you sort of just have to assume everyone is talking about you haha.

2 hours ago, MechaStalin said:

That may have been it, there is also another one that says it adds the planes number before they make missile or sam calls. I am at work right now so I cant test these to see if they work on sf2.

Im thinking about trying to mess with it myself, I guess I would modify the speechsystem.ini ? Is it possible to just make it so that when the ai gives a break command it shows who the command is "targeted" at? And that the ai always call their number before for example bingo fuel or taking damage? Because right now you sort of just have to assume everyone is talking about you haha.

None of what you said is possible, unfortunately. The mod I linked attempts to do it, but it turns out that plane numbers, callsigns, mentioned o'clock positions, etc., are totally fake/random and do not reflect what's happening really in-game. The game was not programmed to take such details into account, thus they are completely random and wrong. You'd hear the AI mention "Cowboy Two" but there is no Cowboy flight in-game, for instance. The same can be said for SAMs, o'clock positions are totally wrong. You could use that above mod for immersion, but surely it has no real gameplay purpose, it actually makes it worse in my view.

As for figuring out if they are talking to you, speech subtitle colours help you determine that.

• Thanks 1

Ah that really sucks, thanks for your help.

Is there a way to change the text colour so that a warning focused on me is a different colour from yellow and the rest of the squad is yellow? Even that would make a big difference.

And yeah I encountered something similar this morning when I got a 2 is bingo fuel after 2 was shot down unless 3 had moved up to take their place but idt it works that way

Red is the default color when they're doing something to you.

On 2021-09-09 at 10:58 AM, EricJ said:

Red is the default color when they're doing something to you.

Oh wow, im really stupid. I dont know why but I assumed this was something else, thanks.

• Like 1