Sign in to follow this  
Apokapo

Guns not working in SF2:NA

Hey guys! i am having a little problem with SF2:NA, the internal guns and other weapons of every aircraft are not working, they simply dont shoot.

I dont know what can be happening, so if anyone knows how to solve it please tell me.

Check a couple of things

Is it on all aircraft or some? If so, which, and are these mods? 

When you are on the loadout screen before the mission, does it allow you to change the gun ammo o is it greyed out?

Does it allow you to select the gun in flight or does it just go to "no weapon selected" (or something like that)

15 hours ago, macelena said:

Check a couple of things

Is it on all aircraft or some? If so, which, and are these mods? 

When you are on the loadout screen before the mission, does it allow you to change the gun ammo o is it greyed out?

Does it allow you to select the gun in flight or does it just go to "no weapon selected" (or something like that)

It happens on all aircraft (a-7, f-14, mod f-14, etc), it allows me to change the gun ammo and i can select the guns in flight, but when i press the trigger on my joystick it does not shoot. I tried resetting the key bindings but it didnt worked.

In the Controls folder of your SF2NA install you will see a file called Controls.INI. Open it and look for the line which reads FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN= ...

If it reads FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN=SPACE then fly a mission in an aircraft which has guns and hit the Space Bar. Do the guns fire?

16 hours ago, Apokapo said:

It happens on all aircraft (a-7, f-14, mod f-14, etc), it allows me to change the gun ammo and i can select the guns in flight, but when i press the trigger on my joystick it does not shoot. I tried resetting the key bindings but it didnt worked.

Then i would suggest you try with what daddyairplanes and Gatling20 said. It might still be something else, keep telling about it if so.

Welp just tried with the spacebar but it didnt worked, im starting to think that maybe guns got deleted somehow from Weapons folder...

how about testing the easiest way possible:

simple rename or delete THAT mods folder, run the exe, run the game, set up your controls -DO NOT ADD ANYTING!!!!- and see if they start working again??

My version of the game I had at first had a bug where my keybinds in the menu were different in the ini file. I had to manually edit the ini file.

Even after that my guns dont fire with the fire selected weapon key I have to use the fire guns keybind so I would double check your control ini file and see what the control binds are set to, for me the binds were all the wrong option by 4 or 5 slots down.