Sign in to follow this  
Aeroworld

Maybe too many models?

First of all, I don't want to seem demotivating you guys.

As I noticed you obviously recreate the Harrier FRS.2 (the Gr.3 too?) for Royal Navy, I also saw that you're developing the IA-58, the Mirage III (also it's IAI variants?), the A-4 (both FAA end Armada models) and the Super Etendard.

For having a lower work load, have you ever considered the possibility to publish the sim with only one or two planes for both sides and the others being added as upgrades?

It's only an opinion, though. Maybe the most common models from both sides.

It's only an opinion, though. Maybe the most common models from both sides.

Personally, I've started the project with something that was physically possible for a small hobby team like us: one british plane (of course the Harrier) and one important argentine plane (Mirage/Dagger or Skyhawk, more towards Dagger due to multirole use in the war). It's a long history, but somehow we have been forced by our argentine fans :) to insert Skyhawk, SUE and Pucará too! :) No problem, Skyhawk and Pucará can be done confortably, the Mirage/Dagger faces a few problems regarding flight modelling (it's delta-winged, supersonic, requires different equations than we have now) and the SUE is still a bit covered in mistery (soecially it's Agave radar and Exocet operation).

I agree with you that there's an unbalance of plane models. A good proposal would be to have also the Avro Vulcan as flyable for british side in future expansion (I've received a lot of requests for this, it's a very popular airplane despite the long time-consuming missions that it will face); I've thought about helicopters too, more specifically Sea King, Lynx, Gazelle, with the balance pending more for the Gazelle for its simplicity (lack of avionics) and sort of 'gunship-lite' role it had in the war, carrying a 20mm cannon and a rocket launcher - although it was severely punished by ground fire, with even 2 losses on the same day at the San Carlos landings.

Yes, the Vulcan missions would be long, but surely interesting! Anyways, I'll be happy to see your sim even with the Harrier only. You're doing somethingm in my opinion, unprecedented in many ways. You have all my aprreciation.

I agree - a few models flyable soon, eg Harrier FRS1, Skyhawk or Mirage, Pucara, maybe, with others to come, eg Harrier GR3, helicopters, Canberra, would get some money in to help with development and publishing costs and start building a fanbase.

There's a very sad article in the current PC Pilot about some of the wonderful and comprehensive sims which never survived to be completed and published, such as Knights Over Europe, Falcon 5 and Target For Tonight.

dhasdell,

you got the point. I was thinking about Racing Legends by West Bros Racing. That was to be a stunning race sim highly customizable to your needs (rallies, F.1, C.A.R.T., prototypes etc...) but did never come to life due to ever growing list of things to do and featurs to implement.

Since Jet Thunder is a very promising sim in years like these where a serious simulation isn't so much requested, would be a sad thing if it will never come to life. I hope you guys of the team reach for the goal.

I'll be here to support you. You have to finish. This project is simply a dream come true.

I personally belive that the team should do whatever is within their means. For all that is said and done this is a majorly ambitious and massive undertaking and I take my hat off to them for what they are attempting. this Genre definitely needs new blood out there. new simulations for us combat sim nuts to get our sweaty hands on. Do what you need to do to maintain realism and maintain game performance. I been following this game a while now and must say this game is looking to be definitely A+ material. do ya thing guys! i await the release. :clapping:

I cannot wait for this game - it looks superb and we are finally going to get what appears to be a fantastic, fully dedicated Falklands/Malvinas sim. Hats off to all those involved.

Speaking of models, I have seen one screenshot of the Argentine B.62 Canberra. As a huge Canberra fan, FS repainter, sometime modeller and pretty well-read on the B.62 and T.64, I would love to help with the Jet Thunder Canberras. The screenshot looked good, but the colour of the green was the newer 'late-era' shade and post-war, rather than the original NATO colours that they were delivered in. Great attention to detail on B-105's markings though, right down to the politically questionable VLC Hercules tanker 'damage marking'! Couple of other minor model details missing, such as the UHF aerial wires and bumps and bits. Would be great to add these in.

If you have time to develop the models a little more, or need skins for them, I really would love to help. You can check out my ongoing work with the Argentine Canberras by Paul Foster over at www.nazcastudios.com/grupo2

All the best and keep up the superb work.

Steve

Edited by nazca_steve

Thanks for the feedback in our Camberra, nazca_steve! Fantastic work in the website you pointed, is that using MS FS, right?

We're actually interested in having the Vulcan flyable to even the british vs argentine plane set.

Although realistically, we probably will release JT with less planes than planned due to our lack of resources, then as said before, new ones will be added progressively as official expansions.

I cannot wait for this game - it looks superb and we are finally going to get what appears to be a fantastic, fully dedicated Falklands/Malvinas sim. Hats off to all those involved.

Speaking of models, I have seen one screenshot of the Argentine B.62 Canberra. As a huge Canberra fan, FS repainter, sometime modeller and pretty well-read on the B.62 and T.64, I would love to help with the Jet Thunder Canberras. The screenshot looked good, but the colour of the green was the newer 'late-era' shade and post-war, rather than the original NATO colours that they were delivered in. Great attention to detail on B-105's markings though, right down to the politically questionable VLC Hercules tanker 'damage marking'! Couple of other minor model details missing, such as the UHF aerial wires and bumps and bits. Would be great to add these in.

If you have time to develop the models a little more, or need skins for them, I really would love to help. You can check out my ongoing work with the Argentine Canberras by Paul Foster over at www.nazcastudios.com/grupo2

All the best and keep up the superb work.

Steve

Thanks for the feedback in our Camberra, nazca_steve! Fantastic work in the website you pointed, is that using MS FS, right?

We're actually interested in having the Vulcan flyable to even the british vs argentine plane set.

Although realistically, we probably will release JT with less planes than planned due to our lack of resources, then as said before, new ones will be added progressively as official expansions.

Sounds good, Dante, just let me know if you ever need help and I'll do what I can. I have done repaints for Paul Foster's superb Vulcan as well, so am pretty familiar with that type. Trying to even out the balance is a nice idea, but in reality, let's face it, the balance was not even! I will say though, flying the Black Buck missions and refuelling with the Victors would be a challenge.

Regarding the Canberras, yes, those are FS2004, models courtesy of Paul Foster as well.

Edited by nazca_steve

To begin with, I'm a great Vulcan-fan, personally I'd say it's the most beatuifull strategic bomber ever built. In reality, I doubt I'd ever fly one more than once or twice if it appeared in Jet Thunder. My idea of Combat Sim is not navigating over endless oceans in pitch black to drop bombs on a runway half-way round the world.

It sure would be intresting to balance the plane-set, but I think the majority of simmers (and gamers :biggrin: ) would prefer a unbalanced planeset with some choppers added in a sequel than a balanced plane-set including the Vulcan.

However, I certainly agree that the team should do what feels right for them, I know I'll buy it anyway!

To begin with, I'm a great Vulcan-fan, personally I'd say it's the most beatuifull strategic bomber ever built. In reality, I doubt I'd ever fly one more than once or twice if it appeared in Jet Thunder. My idea of Combat Sim is not navigating over endless oceans in pitch black to drop bombs on a runway half-way round the world.

Many simmers want that :) Specially the type that flies a 747 without time compression over the Pacific in a San Francisco to Tokyo route!

Actually it will be much more eventfull than that, with many aerial refuellings in Victors and intense traffic, from civilian airliners crossing the Atlantic, to Soviet warships and Tu-95 Bears trying to gather intelligence on what's going on! ;)

The very day that this is released, I will be running to the nearest place of purchase regardless of traffic or the weather! Vulcan is one of the all time greats.

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos

Steve, can you send me a PM..? I want to send you something for your Canberra's Project and for help Dante with the flighsim...

Sincerelly

Cruz

ECV56

Ala Falcon / Falcon Wing

www.ecv56condor.com.ar