Sign in to follow this  
Soulfreak

save the date!

Featuring skins by Jocko417 & myself. :pilotfly:

TWM_COVER_1920x1080-1.thumb.jpg.674d502e34c94d8a81dbc99d81fc3f54.jpg

• Like 11

Alright, I might get DCS too after all. Btw, if can be spoken about, does it come with its own cockpit?

Macelena, I hope so but I don't think so. Usually, VSN mods use stock FC3 cockpits. I hope this time I am wrong.

• Sad 1

The rumor is that this is going to have its own dedicated cockpit and an external flight model. If the rumor is true and it eventually reaches the quality of the A-4E-C presently available, it will be a big deal. But with the exception of the T-45 and MB-339, no other mods have even come close to the quality and fidelity of the A-4E-C. So, I am not holding my breath hoping that this will be a top-notch mod.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

It seems I was wrong. This means it will have its own cockpit :biggrin:

As for my source: it is the VSN Flyable Mods thread at the official DCS forums:

And here is a bit of NEWS:

There will be a rerelease of the VSN_F104G/S Mod with a 3d-cockpit and with an EFM. It will take place in October, so I would advise to just watch this space 🙂

But before, J.P.Ferrée has a little treat for you

On the 17th of september he will air the Trailer for the ReRelease, (which is pretty cool by the way) on his channel. Here is the cover of the Trailer:

A perfect, realistic aircraft is not promised. An individual, unique aircraft no longer dependent on the SFM or FC3 cockpits is what is promised. I suspect it will be released in a state not unlike ED Early Access: useable but with known bugs still being worked on and planned improvements over time. This is a big step forward for the VSN crew. I hope they ultimately end up producing A-4E-C quality mods, but I won't get my expectations up. I can only hope that I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this upcoming F-104 release.

was gonna wait to get into dcs once the hind comes out but the starfighter beats it out. found some more skins for the bird

F-104_7.jpg

2019-04-14_210029.jpg

The shine is good for pic 2 around the fue tanks

Edited by dsawan

The old skins (exluding mine & Jocko415´s) will not fit for the latest 3d model.

There have been changes made on pylons etc...