Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

Honest Slogans

I was looking up slogan and came across this post on We are the Mighty. I got a chuckle out of it and thought I'd share it here.

voeoGKD.png

Honest Slogans.png

• Like 2

In Spain, recruitment ads used to go by "Armed Forces, the value of a professional"

The unofficial saying, which rhymes in Spanish (ABCB) , was something like "If you want to kill yourself, don't jump off a bridge, get into the infantry, and die a bit everyday"

• Haha 1

On 19.9.2021 at 10:57 PM, macelena said:

"If you want to kill yourself, don't jump off a bridge, get into the infantry, and die a bit everyday"

No need to go to the military, the company I work for, does the same. I should forward that slogan to our boss. 😉

6 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

No need to go to the military, the company I work for, does the same. I should forward that slogan to our boss. 😉

Armies that pretend to be companies, companies that pretend to be an Army...it is quite the catch

It reminds me of an old joke that could be considered as a "honest" slogan, this time encouraging to enlist:

World War One: One hundred military killed to one civilian.
World War Two: One military killed to one civilian.
Vietnam War: Ten civilians killed to one military.
Now you know what to do to survive the next war: ENLIST !

in the US, there's only two branches: the Army and the Navy.

because the Air Force is a corporation, and the Marines are a cult.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes its an older joke. i guess the Space Force is government sponsored cosplay?  and i forgot about the Coast Guard, but thats okay. everyone does